Collection of Style by H&M

Are they still going to bite evey other successful designer? That would be weird if we don't even have the quality to distinguish the copy.
:huh: :unsure: :ninja:

fashiongale said:
Hello there! Does someone know where I can get H&M tv spot? I know the brand had a winning ad at an international advertising festival ...

The spot you're thinking of is the Lagerfeld collaboration spot. A superlong commercial that won a Gold Lion at the Cannes advertising festival that year. Directed by Johan Renck who has done quite a few videos for Madonna:
http://www.magnoliaagency.se/portfolio-gosta-reiland/hom-karl-lagerfeldt_883/

I love Lagerfelds acting in this.

tott said:
I refuse to buy something that will disintegrate when you wash it.

the weave actually comes apart...:ninja: i don't buy any woven garments from there either...

this higher priced chain is all right, i think they're only introducing to have a competitive advantage over topshop unique. i wonder if they're going to have one of these stores in canada, because topshop is coming here soon..

and their very rapid expansion conserns me..:unsure:

does anyone have a wwd password to get the full story?
opening next year!!!!

http://www.wwd.com/notavailable/dotcom?target=/issue/article/107233&articleId=107233&articleType=A&industryKw=issue

H&M's Growing Empire: Retailer Plans Launch Of New Format in '07
By Robert Murphy
PARIS ­— Hennes & Mauritz is moving out of its box once again.

The Swedish fast-fashion giant — which pioneered collaborations with designers Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney — said Wednesday it would introduce a new “niche” format next year. Details were sparse, but the stores will operate under a separate brand name yet to be revealed. Nils Vinge, H&M’s head of investor relations, suggested the new brand would be more expensive and more fashion-forward than H&M’s existing offerings.

B) wow this is going to be interresting.. I'v never bought anything from H&M before but I might like this new brand.. assuming that the quality is nicer and it isn't too expensive

I read they are opening 10 shops to begin with, in "select markets" whatever that means... I just hope and assume that there will be one here in Stockholm since that's where they're based.

tott said:
I read they are opening 10 shops to begin with, in "select markets" whatever that means... I just hope and assume that there will be one here in Stockholm since that's where they're based.

i sure hope so! :wink:

bobbytafari said:
The spot you're thinking of is the Lagerfeld collaboration spot. A superlong commercial that won a Gold Lion at the Cannes advertising festival that year. Directed by Johan Renck who has done quite a few videos for Madonna:
http://www.magnoliaagency.se/portfolio-gosta-reiland/hom-karl-lagerfeldt_883/

I love Lagerfelds acting in this.

Thank you very much for getting me the video! I have some problems related to watching it but I hope I can solve it soon.
What do you think about opening a new thread about fashion advertising? Are here people interested in this field of fashion (except me, of course :P)?

Shoes!!!!

http://www.newratings.com/analyst_news/article_1302735.html
H&M New Strategy Makes Sense -Morgan Stanley

0759 GMT [Dow Jones] Morgan Stanley says H&M's (HM-B.SK) new strategic initiatives announced in conjunction with the 2Q results makes perfect sense. H&M said it will enter China in 2007, launch a new higher-priced store concept and expand the shoe assortment in existing H&M stores. Morgan Stanley adds that 2Q EPS and EBIT beat its estimates as May sales were ahead of forecast. Reiterates overweight recommendation with SEK335 price target. Shares +0.4% at SEK270.50. (MKR)

lucy92 said:
Shoes!!!!

http://www.newratings.com/analyst_news/article_1302735.html
H&M New Strategy Makes Sense -Morgan Stanley

0759 GMT [Dow Jones] Morgan Stanley says H&M's (HM-B.SK) new strategic initiatives announced in conjunction with the 2Q results makes perfect sense. H&M said it will enter China in 2007, launch a new higher-priced store concept and expand the shoe assortment in existing H&M stores. Morgan Stanley adds that 2Q EPS and EBIT beat its estimates as May sales were ahead of forecast. Reiterates overweight recommendation with SEK335 price target. Shares +0.4% at SEK270.50. (MKR)

sounds good.. i saw some h&m shoes and the style was cool. i wonder if theyre good quality though since production looks like its gonna be in china on those too.

H&M is also expanding aggressively in the U.S. and before the end of the year will have 100 stores in that market

I hope one of those stores is going to be in Charlotte, NC! I keep calling their headquarters in New York to find out what the deal is. I mean if they can open a store in Wisconsin they can doggone sure open up one in Charlotte and Atlanta:angry:

Yes, cheap production is a sad fact of manufacturing. Practically everyone does it. I'm definitely not saying it's OK, but we should keep politics out of this discussion. We already have a number of threads dedicated to production in China, ethical consuming etc. :flower:

I'll definitely reserve judgement until I see it......I have very grave suspicions about the quality of H&M when compared to other British high street options such as Topshop, Zara or even River Island!

There's something very flimsy-like and throwaway in fashion with a lot of H&M garments.

If they do a higher priced more elite line, (like TS Unique, Boutique etc.?) I can only hope for MUCH better quality.

On the upside their shoes are actually quite sturdy. The cream lace up booties I got from their shoe range have lasted pretty well.

there was a huge deal about how h&m in the past used child labour. they had to close some factories cause some people did a documentary about it and the whole world knew...

^ Loads of companies have their stuff made by contractors, who use sub-contractors... Everyone knows what's going on, but they turn a blind eye. H&M should not be singled out. And as I pointed out, this is dealt with in other threads. Please stay on topic here.

susie_bubble said:
I'll definitely reserve judgement until I see it......I have very grave suspicions about the quality of H&M when compared to other British high street options such as Topshop, Zara or even River Island!

There's something very flimsy-like and throwaway in fashion with a lot of H&M garments.

If they do a higher priced more elite line, (like TS Unique, Boutique etc.?) I can only hope for MUCH better quality.

On the upside their shoes are actually quite sturdy. The cream lace up booties I got from their shoe range have lasted pretty well.

Actually I've not liked Zara's quality at all. Everything, save one jacket, had torn or fallen apart within two-three uses. Very annoying. On the other hand, my H&M stuff will last me two years. So, I'm a die-hard H&M shopper now! :smile:

from the wall street journal this weekend...this is awesome news...im glad the contracts have been signed!!

AS COMPETITION AMONG low-cost clothing retailers heats up, Swedish fashion giant Hennes & Mauritz AB is putting the finishing touches on a new and pricier brand of clothing in a bid to offset slowing sales growth at its mainstream stores. In line with rivals like Industria de Diseno Textil SA, or Inditex, of Spain, H&M plans to launch a chain of stores under a separate brand name as it seeks new avenues for revenue growth. The plan highlights increasing competition in the budget sector and increasing saturation in some Western European markets. H&M hasn''t yet provided details of its proposed brand, saying only that it will open shops that offer more expensive products and more personal service, starting with 10 stores in selected markets next year. Contracts have been signed forstore locations in London and Hamburg -- Germany''s second-biggest city -- as well as in the Netherlands and Belgium. The U.S. will follow further down the line. "We''re currently working on the name and registration" of the new brand, H&M Marketing Director Jorgen Andersson said. The new chain is a bold step for H&M, known for low-price fashions and high-profile collaborations with designers Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney, and now Dutch design duo Viktor & Rolf, who launched their new collection for the retailer two weeks ago. Having grown into a global colossus by appealing to a young and cost-aware audience, H&M has seen its sales growth slow in recent months. The company reported a 3% rise in October sales at stores open for more than a year but saw growth of only 1.7% for the first 10 months of 2006 compared with a year earlier. H&M is losing ground to Inditex, which has more brands in higher price levels and more rapid geographical expansion at home in southern Europe and in fast-growing Asian markets. H&M wants to broaden its own business to capture more mature consumers with more money to spend and earn more from each sale. The midpoint is tricky to balance, however, and it is crowded with experienced companies, such as Dolce & Gabbana, with its D&G line; Gianni Versace SpA, which recently refocused its lower-end Versus line on higher-margin accessories; and Emporio Armani, a brand of the Armani Group. These companies are spending millions on massive marketing campaigns. But H&M has the financial muscles -- through strong cash flow and profits -- to spend as much as upmarket players on marketing and public relations. In its 59 years, H&M''s fashion events and marketing campaigns have been well received. Moreover, it has managed to increase efficiency in its purchasing and is flexible in its sourcing: It can quickly change suppliers and even sourcing countries.H&M sales rose 14% to 32.13 billion Swedish kronor ($4.53 billion) during the first half of its fiscal year, which ended May 31, from 28.1 billion kronor in 2005, the latest comparable figures available. Its stock price rose 7.1% to 269.50 kronor in that period. Since then, H&M shares have risen 21% to settle at 326 kronor Thursday in Stockholm. "It''s tough for [H&M], and they''re being forced to try new concepts," said retail analyst Lauren Van Nostrand of U.K. retail-research firm Verdict Research. Inditex''s sales rose 23% to 3.48 billion euros ($4.47 billion) for the half to July 31, from 2.82 billion euros a year earlier. During the same period, Inditex shares rose 12% to 34.01 euros. Since then, they have risen 18% to settle Thursday at 40.08 euros. Mattias Karlkjell, a Stockholm-based retail-sector analyst at Norwegian investment bank ABG Sundal Collier ASA, expects an eventual slowdown in the expansion of regular H&M stores asthe number reaches roughly 3,000 from about 1,320 now. H&M expects sales growth of 10% to 15% a year but hasn''t given a specific forecast of the number of stores it will open. "The growth will naturally slow . . . [and] in 10 years the new chain may take over as H&M''s growth arm," he said. "The new stores will probably offer the same quality as premium brands, but with a higher fashion level and at lower prices." Mr. Karlkjell expects prices 50% to 100% above H&M''s staple clothing. "I see very good suits with the right cut, like Hugo Boss, but at half the price," he added. Analysts say designer collaborations have strengthened H&M''s reputation in the high-fashion industry, and a move upmarket is the next step. "H&M wants to broaden itself with the new chain," said Pekka Lindberg, an independent retail consultant. "H&M has launched the designer collaborations to be able to charge higher prices. It has invested strongly in raising the quality level to make the whole range look a little better." Mr. Lindberg said H&M may even follow Zara''s lead and open home-furnishing stores. While some analysts warn of pitfalls of diversifying into the midprice clothing segment or home furnishings, most welcome the move. "Niche players in the [midprice] segment do really well. Retailers such as Reiss in the U.K. are more immune to a downturn in the market as their customers have more money to spend," said Verdict Research''s Ms. Van Nostrand, commenting on the U.K., H&M''s largest market after Germany and Sweden. H&M says it will take the concept of the new chain to major cities where the company has an efficient supply system. "Margins will be better as the marginal investment will be very low, and they will expand the concept cautiously in steps," said Peter Wallin, an analyst with investment bank Kaupthing Bank in Stockholm. He said H&M overspent when it entered the U.S. in 2000. "That caused a high return-on-equity to dip. Since then they have been more cautious in establishing themselves in new markets." Ms. Van Nostrand of Verdict Research said broadening H&M''s customer base with more expensive products will help support the gross margin, as higher prices H&M can charge for the garments more than offset costs for the goods sold. "There is reason for them to sell one garment at a higher price than selling more cheaper products," she said, citing the lower cost of sourcing from suppliers in Asia. "The midprice segment is growing successfully, and we think we can do it better than others," said Mr. Andersson of H&M. "We''re a growth company, and growth companies all love making even more money, but how do we do that if we rely only on H&M?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->