Collection of Style by H&M

tulipsaki said:
Actually I've not liked Zara's quality at all. Everything, save one jacket, had torn or fallen apart within two-three uses. Very annoying. On the other hand, my H&M stuff will last me two years. So, I'm a die-hard H&M shopper now! :smile:

Same here, I've bought tons of stuff at H&M (I have 4 H&M stores nearby) and ever since I've purchased something at H&M literally nothing has fallen apart or started to look grubby.

I don't get what they'd do a higher priced brand for, I'm content with H&M's quality at the moment and being cheap is what H&M is all about.
I'd always associate H&M with cheap clothes so even if they launch "H&M boutique" or whatever it's going to be called and the prices will be higher I'll rather go directly to some "proper" brand. I think. Depends on what they're coming out with. And anyways, most H&M clothing is too trendy to be worn any longer than it lasts probably :D

i thought this higher price line is only gonna be in asia...

i feel...looking through the H&M store is almost like thrifting..except for being less excited
you can find some fantastic pieces with well made quality...but there are also alot of very poorly made pieces
H&M isnt very fun to wear anymore...it's so popular that you can easily find someone who has the same piece of clothing

thanks for the article! and i didn't know h&m was already in its 59th year....this sounds so odd!!

as others pointed out, i will, too, always associate h&m with cheaper clothes and low quality, i can't imagine myself spending much more. that's a whole new concept for them!! if i want designer, i can go and buy designer, and low prices i get at h&m......that's it.

If the quality was significantly better then I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for it, but I got excited over the McCartney line, dashed up to London to buy some and was really disappointed that I couldn't find anything that I liked because a lot of it was blue or yellow.

I use H&M for undies as they're one of the few places that do bras than fit me. I'll also use them if I want to try out something I'm not sure about spending serious money on, or if I know it's just a single season look that I won't wear much, they're pretty great for that.

i got a nice peacoat from h&m.. it looks totally nothing like usual h&m style/quality.. its great and chic looking. it has these little belts on the sleeves and collar (huge collar btw) and bit fake leather strips on the chest/arm area. but not so much that you could tell...70 euros. :smile:

Although I love the prices they have now, I think if they are willing to use nicer materials then the more expensive items would be worth it.

taperjeangirl said:
This kind of contradicts everything that H&M is about.:unsure:

I agree, as I was walking past an H&M, the big advertisement in front of the store said something like; "No longer is price involved with fashion"

^ but that is probably why the new store will be just that- a new store with a different name...

in the story the analyst said they expect prices to be 50%-100% higher than what we are used to...so it seems to be on the same exact level as topshops prices are now.

and in a recent story i read in the guardian, i read that topshop plans to increase prices, especially with the kate moss items...if H&M plans to open these stores this soon, springtime would be a great time. and beating topshop at their own prices in this new concept store would be great for them.

in the UK does topshop have 2 different stores? topshop unique and topshop? or are the "unique" items segregated in a special part of the topshop store? was the celia burtwell items sold in topshop itself?

it seems that the concept of the two different stores that H&M is hatching is similar to topshops then.

i think that in the US, H&M should reconfigure say, for example H&M's SOHO's store to test this concept.

i hope americans dont have to wait too long.

i actually was told pieces of the higher end line were being tested in one store in dc right now, and if this is the case it must be available in other markets..just not in very many stores.

im excited to see it..i agree that with h&m you have to rifle through the store but there are some gems..

i hope the new line is better quality..

em 692 said:
^ but that is probably why the new store will be just that- a new store with a different name...

Your right...now that I think of it, H&M might start a chain. Sorta like Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic are the same company. Maybe H&M will do the same, where H&M will be "Old Navy" and their new brand will be "Banana Republic".

guys, we have to remember that it's h&m. they are ahead of the curve strategy-wise.

i think it's a bid to compete with zara. zara has stepped up in the quality (and price) department...and h&m, as the only other big, truly "fast fashion" company, sees a chance to move up market also probably bc of the success of it's branding activities..i mean it's brand image is so "fashion" right now it's ridiculous.

if you live in smaller markets, where they don't carry the "nicer" h&m lines, or even if you are a customer who doesn't get the chance to really rifle through their racks, i can see how you might think that the quality of the clothing was bad. because a lot of it is bad. also, anything from h&m will probably fall apart if you wear it all the time.

however, i've been noticing some gems lately. this is coming from a girl who goes shopping and only settles for the perfect item unless forced to compromise so that the person shopping with for a few days and seeing me buy nothing will relax!:lol:

soooo recently--i was in h&m, digging through their "pink" line..(it's the nicer trend line..not the new up market one, just the nicest line at regular h&m in big city markets), and whoa--a coat for about $130 i think, with a tag that read "chosen by so-and-so, head of design blabla at h&m"...it was really decent quality--like passable for at least a $600 range coat, and--for $130 it was extremely on trend. very, very "fashion." bubble sleeves, black, simple...not the drab, stupid coat you'd find for even more than that at sisley which they have been selling for 4 years in the SAME design..

and that is what sets h&m apart. they wont' open another express, gap, old navy, or bennetton. i believe that they plan to take their fast fashion to the next level.

i mean, i saw coats at h&m the other day that were an obvious imitation of martin grant fall 2006 coats...albeit they failed in that the quality/colors/design was a bit off...but imagine what they can do with better quality materials..

i have a feeling the h&m up market brand will offer some of the most fashionable clothes in that price range.

the end...my god i am posting like a maniac..sorry!

ps - note to h&m - PLEASE offer a size 2 in your new brand...i would have bought the aforementioned coat if it was not a 4 :doh:

I think it's a good idea, you see what people did when the V&R line was launched. Nevertheless, even though they may design some good pieces, I hardly think of myself wearing those...I'll always think H&M

more specific info about store openings from todays wwd.

"Apart from the growing number of designer partnerships, the firm is preparing to launch a new "niche" concept brand that will be more expensive than the company's existing products.

H&M has yet to reveal details of the line — including its name — but it has already signed leases for stores in London; Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Berlin, Germany; Brussels, and Haag, the Netherlands. The first store to open will be on London's Regent Street, some time this spring."

excerpt from wwd

How Swede It Is: H&M Profits Up 17%, New Formats on Horizon
By Robert Murphy
PARIS — Hennes & Mauritz is on a roll — and it wants to keep it that way.

The Swedish fast-fashion retailer, which reported a 17 percent increase in net profits in 2006, said Thursday that it would push into the home textile market via its H&M stores. Meanwhile, the company revealed the name of its new, more expensive chain: Collection of Style, or COS. The first COS store will open in March on London's Regent Street.

The new brand will comprise women's and men's collections. H&M said about 10 stores were scheduled to bow during the year in the U.K., Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. There are no plans to open COS stores in the U.S. at this point, a spokeswoman said.

"COS will be modern, stylish and chic," said Nils Vinge, the retailer's head of investor relations, in a conference call. "The business concept is fashion and quality at the best price."

Vinge explained COS would be grown conservatively in the first year, and expansion would be contingent on the success of the debut. He said store sizes would be about 5,000 square feet.

"We'll look at how the first 10 stores are performing [before deciding how many more to add]," said Vinge. "It's hard to say at this point how aggressive the rollout will be."

When asked if COS would collaborate with designers, as H&M has done with Stella McCartney and Karl Lagerfeld, Vinge said, "We're not ruling anything out."

He suggested the assortment would be geared to European customers with more fast-fashion items than in H&M's existing stores.

Other growth avenues for H&M this year include an extended women's shoe assortment, which is expected to be launched in 200 H&M stores this spring, and links with celebrities and designers.

Besides its successful collaborations with top designers, including the fall collection by Viktor & Rolf, which Vinge said "exceeded expectations," H&M is preparing to introduce a second collaboration with pop singer Madonna.

The "M by Madonna" line, a follow-up to the retailer's Madonna tracksuit launched in August, is slated to hit stores in March and will include tailored items, dresses and accessories.

well, everyone has always been on about the quality issues of H&M, so this is really great news.

Shoppers are sick of throw-away fashion these days, it's really a trend in itself, which is great!

lucy92 said:
...The first COS store will open in March on London's Regent Street.

The new brand will comprise women's and men's collections. H&M said about 10 stores were scheduled to bow during the year in the U.K., Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.

so does this mean that there will be no COS in the whole Scandinavia? :shock:

i think this higher end thing just ruins what h&m is about..would someone buy something more expensive from h&m?.. i mean we can save our money and get actually something nice from good fashion houses..
i understand that there is a demand for the seasonal designer invasions such as stella or v&r for h&m,,, but even then the quality was almost same (if not even worse in the case of v&r) as the usual h&m stuff.. plus the prices were not super high... but with this new line... i dont know if there will be a market for it. i rather save my money to get for example a dior piece rather than spend it on something made by h&m with a higher price..

MUXU said:
i thought this higher price line is only gonna be in asia...

i feel...looking through the H&M store is almost like thrifting..except for being less excited
you can find some fantastic pieces with well made quality...but there are also alot of very poorly made pieces
H&M isnt very fun to wear anymore...it's so popular that you can easily find someone who has the same piece of clothing

No, they will also open a shop in London and The Hague (Holland)

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->