Collection of Style by H&M

Thanks for posting the pictures!

At first I didn't really see the sense in COS, we already have H&M for cheap, disposable clothing and stores for basic good quality clothing with mid-range prices but most of the latter while being good quality are overly safe and not designed nicely.
So I'm thinking/hoping COS will deliver modern basic clothing, suitable for work but not too boring which makes a lot of sense. Esprit Collection for example is what a lot of women here wear to office, it's good quality and not too expensive but it's all very yawn. Now I really hope the quality lives up to the prices which I find rather steep.

Has anyone visited the London store yet?

I went to the new store today, for the premiere!
Its on Regent St (on the corner of Libertys) and called COS not H&M, so dont go looking for a red H&M sign :wink:

I am not an H&M fan, but this new collection is very nice, the quality of materials and sewing is much better, along with the fit, things actually fit well and are not all twisted, like I have often found H&M things to be...
Lots of Chloe-esque dresses & tops, nice leather bags, a silver parka which is so right for now and the menswear is also really nice, I found two superb trenchcoats for my boyfriend!

The price is still very low, like they said pret-a-porter but for a low price...
I was very impressed & purchased a few things, will go back to look soon again.

You can see the collection on www.hm.com, under COS.

^ Yeah that'd be very nice if we could see some detailed images of a garment (or even better; visit the store) cause I'm still wondering how they dealt with the final touch. There's no question about the idea though, it's very smart. The three letter name brands (VPL, A.P.C. etc) with the 'unpretentiously elegant' style is the new trend. From what I can see from the store and the fashion show pictures so far, COS is something like Jil Sander meets Club Monaco.

Hmmm. Cashing in on minimalism isn't such a bad idea right now. But it looks like someone desperately wants to be Jil Sander :innocent:

the silver parka sounds divine....i'd love to see pics of it as well.

I now love COS, I just came in the shop on Saturday, and it's just full of classic pieces with a 'twist'.. it's so my style, I got two tops and a pair of black cigarette pants + a belt.

The tops aren't dead cheap like H&M though.. around £50 a pair..I love the cut on the clothes. Just great additions to my wardrobe. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a whole different target costumer.
Every time I'm in the store, I see ladies that usually buy high end stuff and designer bags.

H&M is the opposite very trend laden and younger costumers.. however, I have started to see much of the same items, it will be interesting to see how they will develop.

I wish they would open one in Stockholm.
Almost every Swede wears atleast one H&M item daily, and just think about how the COS store would be such a success.
But I guess it would become to commersial if they open one. The city isn't really a metropol... yet.

So I find a 79euro pair of shoes similr to what I'm looking for vs 300usd the ones similar (but better qualty)...wow I want to find a COS...but I live in Canada...unforunate..-_-

Can anyone already share their experiences with the quality of the pieces after washing them a few times? :flower:

I have two dress and one shirt by COS and I'm so in love with these pieces, I have washed it a couple of times and it's still good. Like all my other H&M pieces, I really don't know how people manage to wash out their pieces after two times or whatever. So go for it, especially now on sale.

I was in Hamburg yesterday at the COS store and found some nice pieces, but I didn't buy anything. The fabrics felt really good, esp. compared to H&M.

I bought yesterday two pieces again. I really love the cut and conception of cos, very clean but still with a special twist. Even my bf bought something of cos and he is really difficult in terms of business clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->