brilliant as expected :heart:

r3029051613.jpg

r4220097269.jpg

walking barefoot :heart:

amazing dresses :ninja:

r1003056358.jpg

r3617567588.jpg

lena faints :blush:

This is too much like his AW03 collections in terms of cut.

Big dresses are back. But that final exit looks like a giant rug. The color doesn't help either.

Still, I am quite excited to see this show. My favorite McQueen collections are AW02 and SS04.

i'm so glad he declined for Gucci..
this is a masterpiece

r2253223315.jpg

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 5:57 pm
inter-galactic princess :heart:

r2823212323.jpg
very princess lea from star wars in that scene where she is wearing that bra type thing with skirt & connected to Jabba the Hut (i think...?) by a chain, anyboday agree :unsure: :lol:

The entire collection reeks of science fiction connotations.

Love it! I like that cocoon dress...that's a masterpiece if I ever saw one.

:o Oh my! This is absolutely amazing!
just fabulous, and I'm speechless :blush: :heart:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 5:39 pm
brilliant as expected :heart:
Exquisitely tailored! So incredible, I would love to wear the second outfit you posted. :woot:

I'm sorry but I think it looks disgusting - so contrived, so over conceptual, over designed without being beautiful and back to being heavy and hard

His last collection had seemed like such a step forward and was amazing - so like and feminine, this feels like a huge backwards step

:sick:

:sick:
when i saw the first pics... i thought! staw wars!

then dune!

now star wars again...

enough with the movie themes, mcqueen. stop over doing it... and make clothing please :smile: :blink: too much theatrics!!!!! way to much...

so last winter we got a walk through the tundra? and this time, we get a swollen footed slave to jabba walking through the desert?

i love that i wrote: staw wars.... :woot:

but, what i don't get about mcqueen is why does he waste his ability to cut clothing?

he obviously has a huge talent... but i see it muddled down by his ego and by his need to declare himself an artist.... which, in of itself, is a huge debate and question. there is a line between costume and clothing, and i don't think he gets it....

but maybe he doesn't want to... who is he designing for anyways? does he have large market of buyers? or does he make clothes that are both exclusive and for show only? does anyone know?

showstudio.com features a paris diary on the main page which shows backstage shots of the McQueen show.

I thought it was very interesting over all. I would normally agree with everyone else who has posted in saying that it seems over the top or theatrical if only there wasn't something inside of me that responded to just how powerful and well made the pieces are. I think that *some* of these clothes are for people who are looking for new ways to express themselves, new ways of defining who they are in a world that is becoming increasingly hostile. They are complicated, intricate, unbelievable and are for people who cannot be bothered with the usual conformist opinions of those around them. They capture true freedom, the ability to do exactly as you please.

What's also interesting is how the last few collections have been stabs at America, whether Alexander is focusing on a post apocalyptic frozen tundra with people that trudge East instead of West, a presentation that focuses on competition with hints and winks at the American south during the depression, and what also seems to be a collection based on Star Wars which is not only an American movie but which also may be a reference to former President Regan's missile defense system which President Bush was said to have briefly considered putting back into development.

I think he's genius and is slowly setting the standard for what new fashion designers may be judged against over the next 20 years.

With fashion having such a rich and wonderful history, he's one small example of how to navigate being inspired by art without ripping off history itself, i.e. 'vintage inspired'.

Now, most of the most audacious pieces are usually available through a special service that the McQueen boutiques offer. I know that in NYC, you can special order the crazy dresses as well as his bespoke menswear, which is just dreamy.

By the way, I'm so very happy to finally be able to contribute something to this wonderful forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->