Alexander Mcqueen F/W 04.05 Paris

hello there daturaoo1..and quite a contribution that was...very well expressed...thank you for that... :flower:

beyond all of the political statements, etc., that mcqueen might be trying to make... i will hold off judgement on the collection until i have seen it all..but i'm not really liking what i have seen so far...hmmm... :unsure:

Very well said,indeed :flower: And welcome to you :wink:

I have to say in response though,there are so many ways that one expresses themselves, and theatrics is how McQueen goes about it. Sadly,I wish that sometimes he would just let the clothes speak for themselves rather than giving us a 'performance' piece sometimes, because many people are put off by the huge spectacles and like I'm getting from the responses so far,many focus just on that. I mean,if he really wants to be respected for his craft(which I do tremendously)he should perhaps,do something on a smaller scale. Doesn't have to be the typical catwalk-marching models brigade but something more intimate so we as spectators can see the actual clothes.

personally, i love the theatrics presented in mcqueen's shows. If i was ever able to wear one of his pieces, i would feel like my life was suddenly a drama, like i would be invincible in some of those crazy clothes, and everyone else around is boring and plain. i don't feel it's just about the clothes...it's the aura that goes with them, and those clothes are *bursting* with energy...

..in other words, i love it. love it all. B)

oh beautiful, so much more like his old work.

However It seems just like his odl looks done in diffrent coloures and patternes, nto really impressed, but still beatiful.

I liked it. Yet it was quite dissapointing. I love how he mixed simplicity with sci-fi influences, while maintaining that demi-couture quality that he has in his clothing. :heart: But I also admit that this reminded me of his past collections and, yes, the ending (white light on a model) was cliche.

Pieces that I thought were nice from the show:

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 65
Originally posted by pearsandapples@Mar 5th, 2004 - 9:17 pm
:blink: too much theatrics!!!!! way to much...
:woot: I loved this collection :heart:
I actually thought it was like stripping away at the theatrics - I don't think using sciencefiction as an inspiration makes it theatrical, in fact it made the collection even more basic - the nudes in the beginning, the cut of the jackets :heart:

style.com's review isn't very flattering for this show, but they did say the collection looked like a rebirth. I thought that was a great way to put it :flower:

Attachments

• AlexanderMcqueen04fw00420f.jpg
    AlexanderMcqueen04fw00420f.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 22
wellcome to tFS datura001, i so enjoyed your post, very well said :flower:

i also agree with Tiffany, i think this was not as theatrical as preview McQueen collections. Let him express the best way he knows, there were some amazing pieces there that were honestly been missing from this quite dissapointing (boring & flat) Paris fashion week.

Alexander is been fresh and commercial and creative i can't see whats wrong with this...
plus i dont think he was repeating his work, not at all..
(apart maybe from the make up which he has done before and which was not adding much to the 'appeal' of those great clothes.)

Something for scott*
small intimate collections are not suitable for all designers, everyone has their own style and do what fits best with their mentality.

as for style.come, well ...they seem to prefer :blink: Chalayan to McQueen this season, and Chalayan's collection was so mediocre, it could be drawn by just about anyone :innocent:
there is absolutely no comparison between the level of creativity
-or even commercial value- between those collections

even though i'm a non-beige person, here some faves

00050f.jpg

00240f.jpg

00330f.jpg

i could wear them all, right here , right now

more faves :heart:

i'm feeling the catsuits now :innocent:
00440f.jpg

00500f.jpg

00480f.jpg

ps. from what i saw in style.com there were ONLY four theatrical looks at this show,
and the show was not a catwalk, it was a circle kind of platform

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 6th, 2004 - 12:01 am
a dream

r797283566.jpg
Oh god!!!! :woot: :woot: :buzz: :crush: just amazing, just like the whole collection!!! god bless Alexander indeed!!!! :bounce:

those scarve-collars are amazing
(and real hard to materialise, master cut ..)

Ok eating my words here...

This collection on a larger scale seems quite paired down and calmer than in past seasons.

Don't get me wrong,I love his presentations...they're spectacular. While everyone boasts about Galliano being the best showman I feel McQueen is that.

this collection is wonderful!
it may seem boring in colors, but the pieces are very simple yet creative.
and the cut, just amazing! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avococo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->