Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

Oh and to say he hasn't looked into the archive isn't exactly correct either. He has, he just chose to look at images of it.

As if the videos of all the early McQueen's shows were not available on YouTube... oh wait. But then, it would have forced Sean to think in 3D, and I don't really think he's capable of that since, that's my guess, his designing process is based on sketching, not cutting.

Sorry, I forgot to comment this in my previous post...but head hunters thinking someone over 45 y.o. cannot have the talent nor the creativity for being a CD (just because of age) is such a HUGE mistake.

As long as they are looking only for young people from inside their studios, they are going to be stuck in the same situation; and wondering what´s wrong...
Everything works like at this at the moment… Companies think that if you are over 40 you are not longer fresh and relevant.

the reception for john's first collection for dior was rapturous. everyone was obsessed. what the f*ck is she on about?
it's also pretty blasphemous to mention john's first collection for dior, margiela's hermes and demna + whatever this mess is in the same sentence.
I also remember when Demna came out, it felt like an emperor's new clothes where everyone was screaming GENIUS! while all i saw was nonsense, fashion at large embraced him immediately, no?

the reception for john's first collection for dior was rapturous. everyone was obsessed. what the f*ck is she on about?
If was such a weird parallel to make from her…
Even if Pierre Bergé was always criticizing anybody and particularly British designers, if there’s one designer who was loved by the French elite, it was John Galliano.
Lee and Tom Ford were probably the only ones I remember who were criticized by the French elite for their debut collections for French houses…

Margiela was criticized by the US/UK press. And Demna, she is playing with our intelligence because we all saw how influential his debut collection was…

She tried to prove a point but it is flat this time.

I don’t think his debut was terrible, but it could be because I’ve never been a diehard fan of the brand. I’d even argue that Do/Lang and Sabato/Gucci is much worse.

I thought the casting was good. Also, I liked looks 16, 20, 21, and the hoof boots. I think the presentation would’ve benefited from more dramatic hair/makeup, or even commissioned headpieces and jewelry from like Dai Rees.

I believe Sean will absorb the criticism and improve next season (hopefully).

35FDB194-A19C-43C9-A34C-0ADAD12D0ECE.jpeg 58CC19A4-5840-48DF-AAE7-ACF57D90E7CC.jpeg 433E2B3F-CFA9-44B0-A461-A0E529A3273D.jpeg

i somehow warmed up to the new mcqueen, took a while but still not gonna pretend that it has anything to do with mcqueen no burton. No matter how hard he tries to reference the birds. The first few looks with the suits with ruffles in the center where really not bad.

I just don't think he will offer anything id like to wear in the menswear dept.

While this collection is awful, I am warming up to parts of it. I liked most of the women's suiting and there was a certain charm in the 2nd look and the broken mirror dress. The horse hoof boots were also quite interesting. The issue is that the lack of romance and sensuality really dragged down the rest of the collection. Unless Sean can see the criticism and pulls a "Gucci AW95" for his second collection, this tenure will go really sour really fast.

conversely, the more i look at it the worse it gets, which i didn't think was possible! compare this tumour of a collection with lee's early work, which was razor-sharp, pragmatic, and chic, and it becomes more of an affront that these vastly disparate bodies of work are under the same brand name.

Last edited:
If Law Roach puts her in those f’ing white Louboutin pumps one more time…
I feel like he is secretly looking for some aknowledgement from Louboutin. The So Kate are a redesign of the Pigalles. So maybe he is working towards a model named after her…But I wonder if Christian would do it. Because it would mean shared royalties, which is something he has never done (rightfully so).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->