Alexander McQueen S/S 10 Paris

I think I would sell my soul to be at this show. My only thing, like dior_couture1245 noted, is that I don't think the models that were cast really fit the show. I think that if it was a different cast it would have been far more dramatic and would leave an even more impressive mark. I love the silhouettes and I adore large volumes, and he's using them both wonderfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
you put a layer of 'crin' underneath - it's a very stiff nylon....Galliano uses it a lot for the huge volumes...

Im interested in how he gets his large hip silhouette (the one in the gold and brown), ive tried something similar but to me i think he is using an interfacing or is it a sewing technique. I doubt theres tulle underneath.

makes me think of the artist H.R.Giger
and i :heart: it!

Yes!

giger03.jpg

jewishchristianlit.com

Wow, the shoes are insane! I'm impressed, love the silhouettes and those crazy prints.

wow, some of it is unreal! it's very modern and forward. I like it a lot. the big and monstrous cameras on stage give the whole show a fightening vibe.

wow, some of it is unreal! it's very modern and forward. I like it a lot. the big and monstrous cameras on stage give the whole show a fightening vibe.

I know, those cameras are so intimidating. It makes the show quite tense in a good way. I'm pretty sure the audience was frightened once the cameras were turned on them!

This wouldn't look out of place at a London student show.....

610x.jpg

daylife.com[/QUOTE]

There is something creepy about those prints..............actually the whole show looks kinda creepy :shock: :ninja:

I read in an interview with Cathy Horyn a few weeks ago that these materials were completely new and allowed him to work in a different way. It was fascinating because he was discussing with her how he, guesquiere, simons and a few other were all on this quest for this new loom that everyone had visualized but it hadn't been invented yet! If you are interested in the future of fashion its definitely worth a read, on the T magazine website which is part of the new york times!

I know, those cameras are so intimidating. It makes the show quite tense in a good way. I'm pretty sure the audience was frightened once the cameras were turned on them!

yeah, and while watching the video I was afraid the cameras would "freak out" and push the models off the catwalk. what a scary dream! I hope to sleep peacefully tonight :wink:

he's a genius with the pattern cutting :crush: it's great he really balances the overall stiff-ish silhouette and volume yet maintaining the softness.. the fabric, on the sleeves, over the hips etc. still have a nice fluidity, you can see the folds and twists. i think it's much looser and less constricting this season, compared to his past work like in S/S 09.. some of the clothes really didn't move at all with the body.

This is seriously genius!!

And I want to know how it was possible that not one girl fell in those Louboutin-inspired shoes!!!

No one can touch what McQueen does, the staging is phenomenal!
The cameras look like prehistoric/futuristic creatures.

This is just too perfect. The prints, the shoes, the setting. After weeks of disappointment this show is greatly needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->