Alexander Wang F/W 14.15 by Steven Klein

loving the campaign Vanessa and Anna are stunning, i dont get the last 3 images though. Are they do cavity searches?

They should have just left Katlin and Kat out of this. :neutral:

SURVIVAL OF THE STYLISH: Alexander Wang zeroed in on his fall collection theme of “survival,” shooting a clique of models, including Anna Ewers, Vanessa Moody, Katlin Aas, Lexi Boling and Kat Hessen.

The campaign was shot by Steven Klein and styled by Karl Templer at St. Cecilia in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The images are meant to suggest that the models have been sequestered in a remote location and are forced into “survival mode.”

“I went to boarding school for five years so there was a familiarity to the environment for me,” said Wang. “The idea of survival at a reformation camp was the theme of the campaign. In those limiting environments, there are always temptations to rebel, to react and to test yourself.”

The campaign will run in fall fashion titles, such as Love, CR Fashion Book, Self Service and Interview, plus a billboard on the corner of Lafayette and Prince Streets in New York City during fashion week.
wwd.com

Another FLAWLESS campaign for Alexander Wang !! Balenciaga & A. Wang are my two favorite campaigns of the season for sure. :heart::clap:

Yess!!! Yet another incredible campaign by Alexander Wang. I'm especially happy to see Vanessa in it! Flawless casting, photography and direction. Everything works!

"Her crime? Being too stylish." this, lol.
So Anna Ewers for a second time? Yeah, why not. I can't put my finger on what's so special about her, but I have to admit that everything she does so far, she does it well (just like her previous campaign for Wang and her recent Vogue Paris cover/editorial). Of course she's leading here. I'm not fond of the cast but at least it's a good campaign, great colors, great atmosphere. As others mentioned, I hardly see "jail" in this, it first made me think of school but anyway. A little bit disappointed we don't see Katlin that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn..Anna totally outshines everyone. I think it's great they continued using both Steven and Anna again. Altogether, they make some fantastic, bada** images.

I like the concept and Anna looks great here.. just disappointed they didn't highlight Katlin

They still use bad girls in high school 's concept.Katlin look like high school teacher LoL

Uh-mazing. Wang is on a roll with his campaigns as of late.

The floor-between-the-legs shots are so ridiculous, but I love the group shots. A lot of people didn't like this collection and so probably won't like this concept given that it's been done so many times, but I think the clothes work in this situation, particularly with the more muted pieces.

I would've liked to see more Kaitlin and less Anna. And what about those incredible girls he had walking his show? Tami Williams, Irina, Ewa. Disappointed at the lack of diversity I've got to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna is true star of this campaign. Just hypnotizing again.

1659844_o.gif

Gifsoup

So unoriginal, Klein copied Drop Dead Fred's "No Panties" shot

Cool that he took inspiration from Orange is the New Black. I always felt that Alexander Wang has very creative and out of the box ideas.

I think the staring-up-the-skirt shots are a clever way to show the accessories...albeit very pervy. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->