American / United States Fashion Schools

NYC School - L.I.M. College is a TERRIBLE college. It stands for Laboratory Institute of Merchandising

I read your list and saw Pratt on it. Thats a terrific art school with a fashion program that I think Betsey Johnson went to. But, like any art school you'll need a portfolio to get in since every freshman has to go a foundation year.

Hi there, I actually live in Boston,and know a few people that go to Lasell.For the most part it is a pretty good fashion school. The good part about it is that you learn not just the design aspects, but also business/creative parts.

Newton is a very uppity town , and EXTREMELY wealthy. My ex boyfriend lives there. But very close to Boston. =)

Not too many big names come out of lasell, but you will definately get a quality education. Unfortunately Fashion is a lot about who you know, where you've been ,etc. That's the only negative.

But Local companies know about Lasell and it's program.
Good luck!

it really beats me as to why they're so costly, but most of the prestigious art schools/liberal arts college in the states are upwards of 30,000 in tuition alone...and that's not even including housing and supplies.

it isn't just the for-profit schools though.

RISD is an extremely good school. In all of its departments. It's faculty are great, and they really enjoy helping the students get to where they are going.

Rhode Island is a college state, as it is so small yet with so many colleges.
But RISD is very upscale, and is well respected in the Fashion Ind. I actually Just hired 2 grad's for my studio =).

Good luck!

Has anyone heard of Tyler School of Art in PA? It's part of the Temple University. Any opinions on their fine arts course?

LIM College

Hi everyone! So what have you guys heard about LIM college?

It's been around since 1939, but I honestly have just learned about it within the past 6 months. They have a new MBA program that I am really interested in applying to, but I just wanted to know what people have heard so far.

Here's the link:

LIM College

Thanks!

Just merged with the ongoing thread about US fashion schools. See above ... there's some info about LIM there, which starts at post #370.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bestfrind got into Parsons for the Merchandising degree
i doubt i got in...I still havent heard from them but I got accepted into
LIM which was the school I really wanted to go to I just loved it there...Im
majoring in Fashion Merchandising...now LIM offers your chance to get a Masters I think
thats really good.
LIM recently launched a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program with concentrations in Fashion Management and Entrepreneurship.
The only program of its kind in the United States, LIM's MBA program educates students in advanced concepts and theories of management, leadership and entrepreneurship within the context of global challenges and specifically for the application of those theories within the business of fashion.
Ideal for fashion industry employees with two or more years of working experience who want to advance their careers, young international professionals who want to change careers and become managers in the fashion industry, and fashion entrepreneurs, LIM's MBA classes are offered after work hours to accommodate these groups' scheduling needs.

For more information on LIM's MBA Program in Fashion Management and Entrepreneurship email [email protected]

LIM - The College for the Business of Fashion, is one of 212 outstanding colleges and universities in the Northeast that The Princeton Review recommends to college applicants in the new 2009 edition of its book, "The Best Northeastern Colleges."
LIM was chosen from several hundred Northeastern schools The Princeton Review considered based on institutional data they collect about the schools, their surveys of students attending them, and visits to schools over the years. The book includes schools in the District of Columbia and 11 states. This is the fifrth consecutive year that LIM has been included on the list.

In this edition of "The Best Northeastern Colleges" students praised LIM's internship programs and location in the heart of New York City and described the College's professors as helpful and enthusiastic.
limcollege.edu

i believe its a good school..when I visited there all the students seemed to love it
so I cant wait to go

I'm accepted by Otis as an international student, with a little financial aid. Is it worth the money to go? Does anyone know how Otis stands in comparison to other schools?

New York School Of Design

Hi everyone! Im a new memeber of the board and just trying to do some research on "New York School of Design". I am intesrested in taking their "fashion technical design" curriculum and wondering if anyone have any feedback, good or bad, about the school, the curriculm. Also if you have graduated from the school, and have taken this course or any course for this matter, how much success have you had with finding work? Have you found their certicates of degree creditable in the workfield? Thanks in advance!

I haven't really looked into anything at all much, but I want to go into advertising. Specifically advertising in fashion. Do you know of any colleges that offer some sort of degree in that category?

Fashion Merchandising might be the direction you want to go to.
Otherwise majoring in Advertising might be your best bet (it's good to be versatile and advertising can easily be applied to any network and it'll still nurture a special liking towards Fashion and/or you work can have a fashion aesthetic).

Don't know if this question was asked, but are there any schools in the US that are similar to Central Saint Martin or Royal Academy in Antwerp?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
LIM College

Saw that there wasn't a thread for LIM College in NYC yet. I've just applied. Anyone here been accepted? Any alumni?

Don't know if this question was asked, but are there any schools in the US that are similar to Central Saint Martin or Royal Academy in Antwerp?

Thanks
Kay, maybe that was a stupid question because if there was, I'd probably know about it.

Yes ... they are listed in the Fashion Photography Schools thread ... where you have already posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->