Atelier Versace F/W 2012 Paris

Yes, one can truly feel the Gianni touch in all the clothes but this is not couture. This is very Milan, very Versace, very bright, colorful and sexy but haute couture? No way. However, Blake Lively and co. will love the ultra femininine dresses but that's it. No couture-level value at all. I am very, very disappointed.

I wonder if people criticising the collection (or part of it) as too comercial and not couture-worthy know what couture is... :lol:

daylife.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, one can truly feel the Gianni touch in all the clothes but this is not couture. This is very Milan, very Versace, very bright, colorful and sexy but haute couture? No way. However, Blake Lively and co. will love the ultra femininine dresses but that's it. No couture-level value at all. I am very, very disappointed.

I completely agree, this is a nice pret-a-porter collection there is nothing haute couture about it.

My only problem is the color scheme. Had all the dresses been in that copper/nude that Karlie is wearing, black, and/or neutral colors the collection would've looked more upscale and actually like haute couture. The dress Donatella is wearing is beautiful, specially cause its in black and the strap details stand out more. Hot pink/magenta, shocking purple, and electric blue make the dresses look like pageant gowns and for sure don't say fall/winter.

nice colours and has a classic summer Versace spirt to the dresses. There is nothing fall/winter about this collection though apart from the few coats........

Those last couple of dresses look like trash bags.

i only like the shoes from this collection, i expected much more from Donatella after the amzing previous collection

I am falling in love though with ****'s coat. Also the hair is lovely on nearly all the girls :smile:

***moderators note//post edited: no model talk allowed in the D&Cs forums***

I only like these two dresses:
http://i.imgur.com/4YOoB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HjUoo.jpg

The rest is really hideous. Weird fabrics choices and those coat dresses are just vile. Do not like this at all. The last HC collection was much better and had some fantastic details, this is too cutesy.

I don't love it. The organza on the gowns looks awfuly cheap.

LOVE IT. This is what Versace is all about and this is what I've been waiting for from Donatella. Very eurotrash-chic.

Beautiful hair and makeup. Beautiful dresses. What more could you want? I especially love the last blue gown.

LOVE IT. This is what Versace is all about and this is what I've been waiting for from Donatella. Very eurotrash-chic.
Same here. I didn't have a problem when Donatella tried to take a new direction and do edgier, darker clothes but this is so quintessential Versace (especially 2000 Versace) that I can't help but fall in love with it...especially with the cerulean gowns. :heart:

This collection is what expect from Versace and I mean that in a good way. Versace is the only brand I ever like to see making sl*tty dresses. All the celebrities will mop this up and I hope to god someone worthy wears the last gown. I love it so! :woot:

Anyway the dress Donatella is wearing is AMAZING!It should have been included into the line-up...also the coat Lindsey is wearing is very "Balmain" love it anyway :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->