Atelier Versace F/W 2012 Paris

Not sure which celebrities you've had the pleasure of talking to lately, but last I checked celebrities (and more importantly, their stylists) do very much care if a dress is tacky or cheap looking because at the end of the day one of the main goals when dressing for a red carpet event is to avoid the worst dressed lists AT ALL COSTS. No designer, no A-list celebrity and no celebrity stylist wants their name associated with a worst dressed list. Ever.

And not for anything, one person's bombshell is another person's Real Housewife. These dresses don't scream vamp, or sex symbol, or goddess, or femme fatale in any way shape or form to me. More than anything they're unforgivably ugly and look, quite frankly, beneath Versace.

Then again I've always believed that there is such a thing as good tacky and bad tacky. Vintage Versace would be the former, even Donatella's earlier couture collections would be the former. This....this looks like what you'd get if Basil Soda designed a capsule collection for Jovani Prom, a.k.a, bad tacky.

Blake Lively, Jennifer Lopez, Lady Gaga, and so on :D
Even Diane Kruger (who never wears over the top things) wore a sexy Atelier Versace dress with nude back (you could see her a$$' crack in some pictures :lol: )

I didn't ask who has worn Atelier Versace (and none of the examples you've cited have worn pieces from this collection to the best of my knowledge), I asked which celebrities you've spoken to personally that have given you the impression that they don't care whether or not they wind up on a worst dressed list of some kind.

^
And if celebrities do buy Versace they're usually bound to modify the $&*! out of the look and by that time will make it look less tacky. And you're right, no celebrity wants to be listed on the worst dressed list, and if they are on that list then their stylists deserve to be fired.

Donatella has hits & misses still till this day, how a designer for the past decade manages to this I still have no clue, perhaps pass the fabric cutting scissors to someone with more experience?

:huh: This collection confuses me. Versace pulled itself out of near-bankruptcy, cleaned up its image and ditched all the cheap celebs only to go back to what nearly drove the company to oblivion? I don't get it. This collection is exactly what I thought Versace was recovering from all these years. Not that it looks necessarily ugly, it's a kitschy guilty pleasure really, but why go backwards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->