Atelier Versace F/W 2012 Paris

This is the Versace I loved seeing on RTW runways, until a few seasons ago when Versace RTW began changing towards a different aesthetic. I love the sexy glamour of this, but tbh, I think it's a little tacky for couture/atelier.

much better than RTW line. this collection is ethereal and divine!

i love the dresses, especially ***'s and ***'s dresses

:heart:

***moderators note//post edited: no model talk allowed in the D&Cs forums***

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not working for me. The collections looks great in if look through thumbnails, but once you see the HQ and the detais, it gets hopeless. I can't express how much I despise that organza, that vile, cheap and tacky organza. What the hell is THAT? It seriously murdered the gowns. The non-organza dresses are convincing, but still doesn't bring me the couture feeling. I think to make great gowns you need more than just throw some sprinkle and add some slit, and that's all that she did here. Much less conving are those patchwork pices, that came off as weird and unappealing.

I think Donatella needs to find a modern indentity for Versace. While I don't have a problem with her revisiting the legacy, she can't keep doing these bad rehashes. We're in 2012, I honestly don't see how early 00's, borderline vulgar dresses would appel to a modern woman. There are many ways of making sexy, and it doesn't have to be in-your-face and predictable. And this is couture week for heaven's sake, let's raise the bar.

I love the overall vibe and feeling but it comes up short when looking at the pieces alone. The hair and make up is flawless though.

The organza cheapens many of the long gowns, it would have been better if it was just printed silk, many of the dresses would have benefited from that. Looking at the video though it looks like the organza can be taken off some of them which I assume (well hope) it will be done for the red carpet.

some of the looks are sure to be paired with a marie-claire editorial by the name of "hot couture", i can just feel it, ugh. i was expecting kitschy couture like S/S 2004, but this will have to do (not including the organza fiascos).

This is the Versace I loved seeing on RTW runways, until a few seasons ago when Versace RTW began changing towards a different aesthetic. I love the sexy glamour of this, but tbh, I think it's a little tacky for couture/atelier.

My thoughts exactly. It looks very Blumarine hooker chic.

This is spectacular. Before Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad and and and - there was Versace and this is the where Versace belongs.
I´m sure all the Emmy´s, Golden Globes´s and Oscars will be full of the dresses.

does anyone have the link to the full show? all the videos i can find cut off half way through the show and go straight to the finale.

To the people who said this is tacky and does not represent the modern Versace woman...guys this is a COUTURE collection!Only few people in the world could afford buying those clothes...those collection are made for celebrities, and celebs who wear Versace want to look like BOMBSHELLS and do not care if one dress is tacky or the organza looks cheap and so on...of course this collection wouldn't sell among normal Versace customers!

Looks like something straight out of the mind of Gianni circa 1997, and I love it. Donatella lost her way a little bit with the last few RTW collections (besides F/W 12, I loved that) since S/S 10 but I think it's safe to say that she's back on her game. All of these pieces are just the right amount of extravagant and elegant, and it's rare that a desinger can find that balance.

And for those who say it's tacky, well, Versace as a fashion house has had a history of pushing the envelope when it comes to tackiness. It's not very modern but it is creative and appealing, so I think this is a very successful collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the hair, I'll be happy if this collection turns up in 'backstage beauty' articles, but half the dresses seem like they were made by a fairly talented costume designer working on a tight budget for a local theatre.

First of all, great to see the Versace house doing a full runway show instead of a presentation.
This is like Gianni's heyday. It really doesn't matter whether it looks like 'couture' or not, this is what they have almost always shown for HC. There really isn't anything we haven't all seen before, but the show is a spectacle in itself.
Red carpet gowns, which we will see everywhere, amazing detail, short dresses which actually work best here and the coat dress which Versace have always favoured, but personally I haven't.
Best in show.......the femme fatale hair.

This is Versace sexyness at its best! I love it!

To the people who said this is tacky and does not represent the modern Versace woman...guys this is a COUTURE collection!Only few people in the world could afford buying those clothes...those collection are made for celebrities, and celebs who wear Versace want to look like BOMBSHELLS and do not care if one dress is tacky or the organza looks cheap and so on...of course this collection wouldn't sell among normal Versace customers!

Perfect comment :flower:

I love this. This is sexy and gorgeous. Kate Hudson has to wear that blue gown.

It's not tacky. It's usually the wearer who makes it tacky. And we all know what type of women I'm talking about.

Not sure which celebrities you've had the pleasure of talking to lately, but last I checked celebrities (and more importantly, their stylists) do very much care if a dress is tacky or cheap looking because at the end of the day one of the main goals when dressing for a red carpet event is to avoid the worst dressed lists AT ALL COSTS. No designer, no A-list celebrity and no celebrity stylist wants their name associated with a worst dressed list. Ever.

And not for anything, one person's bombshell is another person's Real Housewife. These dresses don't scream vamp, or sex symbol, or goddess, or femme fatale in any way shape or form to me. More than anything they're unforgivably ugly and look, quite frankly, beneath Versace.

Then again I've always believed that there is such a thing as good tacky and bad tacky. Vintage Versace would be the former, even Donatella's earlier couture collections would be the former. This....this looks like what you'd get if Basil Soda designed a capsule collection for Jovani Prom, a.k.a, bad tacky.

Not feeling the color palette on this collection AT ALL! Those mint greens...naw son! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->