Balmain F/W 09.10 : Anja Rubik by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

This is a fantastic shot, i love everything about this, the colours, her move caught in a moment like that, its well done and if its by I&V then kudos, the first work of theirs that i like this year.

Balmain's ads are always so boring!
They also make one shot for the campaign,plus I was expecting some more interesting dress to be shown in this,like the blue sequined dress on Erin Wasson or the one on Eniko,they alway shows jackets and pants...

It looks very interesting.
I can't wait to see more!
:heart:

i like it... it has that Sofia coppola "lost in translation" feel... very urban japan....

The subway...I like it. Red walls, plus soft light. Pleasant feeling :blush: Anja's perfect choice for the campaing:heart: And clothes:stuart: you know:wub:

Really nice, but I would like to see it with the brand logo and all - like a complete ad image before coming up with a judgment. Amazing look though.

Very THX 1138.

agree

anja looks great, tho i was expecting some sort of Michael Jackson theme and excess bling bling, since the collection was inspired by him ...

I like the styling, and of course anja! but the red background is overwhelming.

It looks like those moving floors in airports.
Daria's was better, but that was also a better collection.
It's appealing, but not THAT appealing.
But i do like the setting and styling, it's cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought so, well some type of airport.
As I said it looks like the moving floor type thing.

It looks like those moving floors in airports.
we have "moving floors" (rolling carpet - literal translation from french) in subway here in France ...

but i can now see why alejandro thinks of cdg (roissy charles de gaulle - and not comme des garçons) it indeed looks like the one in the international terminal ...

but seriously it could be anywhere ! subway or airport !

I love this. The colors....ah, just wonderful.

Who is the photographer...

Last edited by a moderator:
anja rubik and balmain...what a hot pairing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have mixed feelings about the collection, because I think those clothes have no deeper meaning, a mood and a theme that is relevant today. But an ad campaign like this puts everything in perspective. I would not want to say this is just a manufactured 'image' with little substance, but behind all the smoke and mirrors, there still lies a collection I hate with every cell in my body. That being said, this is one of the few ad campaigns which deserves respect since it has a theme and a story, since they seem to come by once every blue moon nowadays.

I also love how they made the color 'orange' look so cold and alienating, since orange is regarded as the 'happiest' and most inviting of all colors we know. It is an accomplishment. But the real reason why I love this very image is I wonder what goes through this seemingly lonely, and very rich I might ad - to be able to buy Balmain, woman's head. It is just an image, but there is a line here that makes you respond and wonder if you care. It also reminds me of my favorite movie of all times; Wong Kar Wai's 2046, and how can I remain unbiased now? I am powerless against such beauty.

This girl is a character in fashion. That said, I still hate her blazer.

who knows how the final outcome will look like? remember, this is just a snapshot taken of the image. maybe the colors will look different when direct-fed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->