Balmain F/W 09.10 : Anja Rubik by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

this campain has nothing interesting at all ...

and it's so uninteresting and uninspired that i have nothing to say at all ...

even this question about the rolling-carpet interest me more.

but i have something to say and which interests me in general in Balmain campains ... is that since some seasons, they are very very streetstyle ... I remember that the first campains by Decarnin were more "Glamour", but now it seems that it's very streetstyle ... as if they have finally understood whatever they do with the price every 'blog-girls' want to copy them.

And in the end - eventhough I still find Balmain by Decarnin/Alt very tacky - they really did manage to impose their style !

this campain has nothing interesting at all ...

and it's so uninteresting and uninspired that i have nothing to say at all ...

even this question about the rolling-carpet interest me more.

but i have something to say and which interests me in general in Balmain campains ... is that since some seasons, they are very very streetstyle ... I remember that the first campains by Decarnin were more "Glamour", but now it seems that it's very streetstyle ... as if they have finally understood whatever they do with the price every 'blog-girls' want to copy them.

And in the end - eventhough I still find Balmain by Decarnin/Alt very tacky - they really did manage to impose their style !

'Street-style' looks younger than glamor... and that is what Balmain is all about in their heads: young and supposedly hip.

^^yes yes yes ....

i'm sorry sometimes i just want tihngs to be more complex than that ...

like why streetstyle interest B level labels (DKNY ask Sartorialist for a campain - i think. and the famous garance shot a campain as well, non ? and Comptoir des Cotonniers etc.) more than High Fashion (never Dior or Lanvin did something like that - for instance).
So why suddenly go this way while you sell your jackets +/- 3500€ and dress up to 10.000€ (ie Low Couture Price) ?

why ask I&V to do that ? while you could ask something else to do that - what kind of image serve I&V ? NONE ! They are just 'pose' photographers, now. their 'pose' used to be more complex.
the perspective is so 'OLD SCHOOL' !

Streetstyle isn't 'young' in my mind - it is more like constructing a 'more-real-sociologixxxx' Fashion World (not a lot of people care about SStyle blogs) ...
anyway

And I think this campain is very uncreative ... that's it ! there's nothing ...
except regular Alt - who I think really needs to evolve to something else !!!

etc.
etc.

Now I have a real question !
Where is this campain distributed ???? apart from Vogue Paris ?
:huh:

Now I have a real question !
Where is this campain distributed ???? apart from Vogue Paris ?

I am not sure... we'll see. I would be surprised to see it in US Vogue though...

According my vague memory...saw daria's ad@last season once at vogue nippon(?)..

Anja's time to shine has finally come........
And she gets crappy shots........ :innocent:

Better than the previous seasons... I love it.

It also reminds me of my favorite movie of all times; Wong Kar Wai's 2046
I can totally see the similarity! Especially the subway setting :woot:
I love the ad, the orange stands out but somehow the setting and perspective gives a distant and isolated feeling. And I love it more because of Anja, I agree she's definitely the Balmain girl! :heart:

I think Anja looks fabulous in this - the hair is great, she suits the clothes (and Balmain in general) perfectly and I really like the flashy orange colour and setting. Though, I have to say I expected a little more from Balmain this season... dunno, it's just a little underwhelming. But nice, after all. Can't wait to see it in print!

Pure perfection for me:heart::heart:
Love the setting but most of all I love how Anja looks so cool and effortless:heart:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->