Balmain S/S 11 Paris

Hmm... I think it's pretty cool. I'm sure it' beyond exorbitantly priced, and it really doesn't look high end, but those jackets are really great statement pieces. Part of me likes how he let the jackets be the focal point of the collection, but the rest of me is longing for a good red carpet gown or two. Not to mention, most all of the other pieces (safety pin corset, anyone?) are tired as hale.

while i don't count this collection among my favorite balmain collections, their jeans of the season nevertheless have popped up on the cover of the venerable w magazine.

emma-stone-w-magazine-january-2011-01.jpg

justjared.com

00070m.jpg
00030m.jpg

style.com

This Balmain S/S 2011 is DISGUSTING.
How can a corset and a pair of jeans (especially the Daria look) can be presented in París?
HOOOWW??????
Ok, he bring his own vision to the house, but now, it's repetitive and mediocre.
And the prices, omg!

well, besides this being a popular street look, I do think that he didn't bring anything new to the house since his arrival. It's all repeating and repeating now. I'm tired of it. He should move on. Or at least the house should...:innocent:

I like some of it, but the corsets...Jeez. The tackiness of D&G, much? I can see Victoria Beckham queueing up for them, that's how bad they are.

this collection made quite an appearance in the march issue of vogue.

Editorial%2B-%2BPunk%2527d%2BVogue%2BUS%2BMarch11%2Bby%2BDavid%2BSims%2BMy%2Bscans%2B7.jpg
Editorial%2B-%2BPunk%2527d%2BVogue%2BUS%2BMarch11%2Bby%2BDavid%2BSims%2BMy%2Bscans%2B10.jpg
Editorial%2B-%2BPunk%2527d%2BVogue%2BUS%2BMarch11%2Bby%2BDavid%2BSims%2BMy%2Bscans%2B2.jpg

(source: frejabeha.blogspot.com)

Christophe Decarnin Is Out at Balmain

Christophe Decarnin Is Out at Balmain4/6/11 at 09:25 am

Photo: Francois Guillot/AFP/Getty Images
Christophe Decarnin is no longer the head designer at Balmain, the label announced in a press release early this morning. Decarnin was absent from the label's fall 2011 show and may not have been around at all as early as the beginning of this year, Cathy Horyn reports in the Times. Sources also say he was barely in communication with the label's CEO.

Horyn thinks that Decarnin — who was rumored to be in a mental hospital at the time of the Balmain show — "hit some kind of personal impasse and lost control of the label."

Balmain’s success in the Decarnin years was based on a relatively simple formula of impeccably tailored jackets, tough pants, T-shirts and sexy beaded dresses — all for staggering sums — and Mr. Decarnin may have felt stuck in recent months about his direction. Designers are indeed under a lot of pressure, some of it self-imposed, to create relevant collections. Shy and introverted, with a label that had its admirers and critics, Mr. Decarnin may have been more vulnerable than others to that pressure.

Decarnin's replacement is likely to be someone from within the house, possibly stylist and Helmut Lang alum Melanie Ward, who came on three weeks before the fall 2011 show. Ward replaced Emmanuelle Alt, who had to give up her consulting and styling gig to take over French Vogue.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/04/christophe_decarnin_is_out_at.html

I still love this collection... Soooooooooooooooh! much better than the current "body-hugging" bullsh*t!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->