Givenchy Mens S/S 11 Paris

I do think mens wear and leopard print should ever cross paths.

i don't think fashion should have those kind of strict rules. if it has what's the point? looking at things from another way that we wouldn't normally think of them is in the center of the creative process. i think the leopard print is here in an all new approch. not in a d&g, cavalli, oppulent way. i see it like a touch of chic, so typical givenchy. i like it.

of course you're entitled to not liking leopard print on men but that shouldn't be a "rule". fashion is about breaking the rules sometimes.

Now that I have seen the clothes in HQ pics, I didn't know some of the clothes were in tonal cheetah print. I thought it was lace! :lol:

The accessories stole the spotlight from all the uninspiring clothes...

Oh my God menswear is boring this season.
Tisci has just taken last season's menswear and mixed in a bit of women's cruise! Snore.

i don't think fashion should have those kind of strict rules. if it has what's the point? looking at things from another way that we wouldn't normally think of them is in the center of the creative process. i think the leopard print is here in an all new approch. not in a d&g, cavalli, oppulent way. i see it like a touch of chic, so typical givenchy. i like it.

agree!

The accessories stole the spotlight from all the uninspiring clothes...

Agreed. Not bad by any means and it's totally fun, but it seems like each piece would be kind of dull on it's own. Hope there's a lot of leopard in the womens collection though !

I thought that last season was just a quick foray into minimalism, not the first of a series of bland, unimaginative collections. The clothes here are saved only by those (rather unflattering) leopard prints, and it seems like Tisci forgot where his talent lies: excruciatingly beautiful details. Without those, his vision just looks lazy.

honestly, I don’t know why people are responding so negatively to this collection. riccardo tisci for givency is high-fashion sportswear at its most potent and individual. The clothes, the looks are so edgy, intricate, sporty, and bold while still maintaining a reputable cleanliness and a provoking composition. People just don’t make clothes like this anymore. It really reminds me of the couturiers of the 60’s and 70’s like Saint Laurent, Cardin, or even Westwood to a degree. Great collection; certainly top 5 for spring 2011 menswear.

honestly, I don’t know why people are responding so negatively to this collection. riccardo tisci for givency is high-fashion sportswear at its most potent and individual. The clothes, the looks are so edgy, intricate, sporty, and bold while still maintaining a reputable cleanliness and a provoking composition. People just don’t make clothes like this anymore. It really reminds me of the couturiers of the 60’s and 70’s like Saint Laurent, Cardin, or even Westwood to a degree. Great collection; certainly top 5 for spring 2011 menswear.

he's certainly not at his creative apex with this collection. i don't find it all that horrible, but it doesn't make the mind soar like some of the detail in his earlier work for the house in menswear.

00570m.jpg

style.com

I shot this little video backstage of the Givenchy's Mens Spring/Summer 2011 show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->