Valentino S/S 11 Paris

I do feel that this season's clothing is more luxurious and expensive-looking than before, and maybe even more glamourous than the previous few seasons. You can't exactly say itr's 100% old Valentino, but it's definitely better.

And imagine these pieces in other colours...I look at some of these dresses and wonder what they'd look like in bolder colours, like Valentino red, or metallic silver, or mauve, or a bolder shade of blue. That is something I'd like to see!

it's a nice collection but the color palette is really boring!

This S/S 2011 was copied from the S/S 2009 collection by Alessandra Fachinetti who did it better, see video below. The two current designers have already thumbed their noses at the "archives" and went on to copy A.F., and now it's too embarrassing to fire them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uq8B2xar-k

I don't really see the similarities of AF's S/S 09 collection with this one.
I do, however, see the slight ghost of AF in this. Maybe because of the mute color choices and the fluidity of the clothes.

This has to be their most grounded and neat collection at the house. I can actually see customers wearing this without looking ridiculous.

^ The short legged paint suits that looked like pajamas, which "they" thought was unValentino and now they're saying it's young and fresh when that's how she got fired immediately after that S/S 2009 show.

I never understood why they fired. I think she did an excellent job - far better than the two designing now!

For the life of me I dont know why I get excited for the Valentino collection every season only to be let down. There is really no design to this collection, just rehashing of things they have already done. I will say that at least the person they are designing for seems to have grown up a bit but, its still bad. They really need new insperation

For having so many sheers and gauzy fabrics, I always find something a little... dowdy about these recent Valentino collections.

All designers, who work for an established house other than their own, should be forced to live in the archives for a month prior to producing a collection...

Oh, illegal, you say? :lol:

OK, well, maybe not then, but it would certainly help greatly if they would choose to immerse themselves in the wealth of in-house inspiration that is normally available to them and if they don't like the archive material, maybe they should have thought twice about taking a position at a house they don't really respect, admire and/or gel with?

The details are very nicely done, though, it has to be said, but is that enough?

I'm starting to like their work more and more. I wasn't convince at all by what they did when they first arrived. But their lateste collections, are really good. The girly and delicate ruffled woman they created really works on me. This how I see a younger and fresher aesthetic for the Valentino Woman. They should continue in that sense,because this is an ideal summer collection without being amazing but still really convincing and appealing.

I've seen the HQs and they certainly do the collection more justice than the pictures posted in this thread. The collection is certainly not that groundbreaking, but at the same time I love the fact that it's completely wearable. I also think it was styled beautifully on the runway, love the dresses unbuttoned to reveal just a little skin, so chic.

I'm starting to like their work more and more. I wasn't convince at all by what they did when they first arrived. But their lateste collections, are really good. The girly and delicate ruffled woman they created really works on me. This how I see a younger and fresher aesthetic for the Valentino Woman. They should continue in that sense,because this is an ideal summer collection without being amazing but still really convincing and appealing.
I didn't like this collection much, and it does seem dowdy (as someone said). Nevertheless, over the last few months, I've developed an appreciation for this duo's Valentino collections. When I first saw their Spring couture collection this year I thought, what in the world is that? The outfits looked like costumes for a sci-fi movie or something. But now I actually like that collection...A LOT. Several of the looks in that collection contained telltale traces of certain Valentino trademarks. And that collection as whole really did represent an update of sorts on the Valentino aesthetic.
Can't wait to see what their next Spring couture collection will be like.

Accessories (style.com)

00060m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00210m.jpg
00350m.jpg
00620m.jpg
00720m.jpg
00800m.jpg

It's a typical Valentino collection. Everything is feminine and sweet, with ruffles, lace and everything. So, can somebody tell me what's with the studs? They look so random. Just because rock chic is fashionable right now? I just don't get it, sorry...:huh:

The accessories are just horrid. The shoes are extremly ugly and the bags are just sooo plain. What the hell are they doing?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Valentino - Spring Summer 2011 - Full Show (Exclusive Video You Tube)

those studs are very much out of place in a Valentino collection ... they dare not show anything in Valentino red, dumb down the Valentino woman and on top of it they put studs on bags???

I think Facchinetti wa WAY better than this duo ... in my book (and many ppl in the fashion business) "pretty" is the kiss of death

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->