Best City For Fashion?

Paris:Class
Milan:Sexy
New York:Urban
London:conservative
Antwerp:Thinking
Tokyo:out there
Sydney: tres aussie

lots of PARIS...i want to visit there some day.. i love the french language.. but its soo hard ot pronounce for me!!!

fashion is one of my top considerations in choosing where i want to live in the future.. so far..ive concluded nyc, la, boston, honolulu, and chicago are my top choices...oh, and seoul, south korea...i really want to revive their fashion crisis

Originally posted by ebatesy23@Feb 13th, 2004 - 6:22 am
I agree with the list, but I think london is more quirky than conservative

Originally posted by tiffany+Feb 15th, 2004 - 3:47 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiffany @ Feb 15th, 2004 - 3:47 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ebatesy23@Feb 13th, 2004 - 6:22 am
I agree with the list, but I think london is more quirky than conservative [/b][/quote]
I might actually swap "urban" over to London and "conservative" over to New York. Of course there are both types (or rather all sorts) of fashion in both places. I guess it really depends on your definition of urban--if it's more sleek or street.

Originally posted by faust@Feb 12th, 2004 - 4:33 pm
1.Antwerp(en)
2. Paris
3. New York
10,256. Los Angeles :lol:
just what i was thinking :lol: :lol: B)

Originally posted by tiffany+Feb 15th, 2004 - 9:47 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiffany @ Feb 15th, 2004 - 9:47 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ebatesy23@Feb 13th, 2004 - 6:22 am
I agree with the list, but I think london is more quirky than conservative [/b][/quote]
me too :wink:

That's all :unsure: :blush:

I pick tokyo - the shopping is INSANE- you can find every style imagineable. Of course, I'm biased since I'm moving there, so I must be enamoured :P

oh, and seoul, south korea...i really want to revive their fashion crisis
I'm guessing you mean relieve instead of revive? :ninja:

Its where I live currently and it's changing - give it five years and it's gonna rock. The music scene is starting to happen and personal expression is gaining momentum so although not currently 'hot' soon it will have a very distinctive style. :wink:

There's more to the UK than London!
We have lots of stylish shops & people in the North, too

Originally posted by Feline@Feb 17th, 2004 - 12:12 pm
There's more to the UK than London!
We have lots of stylish shops & people in the North, too
manchester is absolutely amazing! :woot: i LOVE it :heart:

I totally agree, Leyla
(I am originally from near Manchester - just a few miles away from where Sedi lived, though we never met)
Leeds is good too & one of my current money-eating favourites is Harrogate. It's only small, but has some great shops.

i would say for fave fashion city.. definately london... i have been to paris n new york... as well

london... great designer shops(sloane, bond, south molton etc streets)... great department stores (selfridges, harvey nichs, harrods)... n great underground/local/new/fresh designers n fashion forward shops... n amazin markets... vintage n new fashions

paris... (from what i have seen) amazin designer stores (for most the orignal place of the designers)...great department stores...

new york... okish designer stores... (was sooo unimpressed with the dior homme shop!)... crap department stores (saks 5th avenue is a joke!)... AMAZING vintage (with a british budget i do add... sooo cheap)

as for the shows... who cares really... the designers who belong to their countries never show in their countries... its all a falsiality to do with money buyers n press... not the clothes n designers

For me it's a toss-up between Milan and Paris. Milan is the place for accessories and innovation with fabrics and leather as well as producing interesting and chic clothes that are still very wearable by the everyday consumer. But Paris is, imo, the fashion capital because of the sheer creativity. There's no holds barred when it comes to a designer's vision, and of course, that's where the Haute Couture is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->