Blackheads

Can you get rid of blackheads with a facesteamer (=facesauna)?
I'm planning to buy one. How many times to I have to use it then?

^I just stick my head over a bowl of boiling water (with a towel over my head) for 5-10 minutes then use a pore strip...steaming your face makes such a difference!

^I just stick my head over a bowl of boiling water (with a towel over my head) for 5-10 minutes then use a pore strip...steaming your face makes such a difference!

Thanks for your reply Jane!
Is it ok do to it every day for 5 minutes?

I wish there was a way to get rid of blackheads permanently. I don't want to have to go through the labour of removing them every few days for the rest of my life just because I happened to be born with oil vats for pores. :(

i think it gets better the more on top of it you do it..

also about steaming your face, make sure you don't scorch it.
at modeling school they told me to put vegetables in it :lol: not sure if that really does anything though?

vegetables?! maybe they wanted you to eat them after non?:lol::lol:

but yes steaming works steam rooms and saunas are the best for me

Thanks for your reply Jane!
Is it ok do to it every day for 5 minutes?
The more you remove blackheads, the more goo will the pores produce. Hence the return of the blackheads. It's all about getting the pores to produce less goo. Less goo = less blackheads

i don't like clinique products.
i think more modern things work best.
i use the full line of dr.brandt.
if you can't afford it, you should get samples at sephora including the toner,which i think is what makes it work so well. it's amazing.

The more you remove blackheads, the more goo will the pores produce. Hence the return of the blackheads. It's all about getting the pores to produce less goo. Less goo = less blackheads
How though?

How though?
What do you mean? The less tallow the pores produce, the less they clog. Blackheads = clogges pores. The tallow oxidizes, hence the black part.

If the pores produce less tallow, then you don't get blackheads. Easy and simple. The more you extract, the more they produce. It's okay to do it every two weeks or so if you absolutely must, but doing it every day irritates the skin and only makes them produce more. Just like over-cleansing your skin makes it more greasy.

The only tallow I've ever heard of is cow fat.

Edit: Never mind. I just looked it up and sebum is also referred to as tallow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a facial and the esthetician used something with a blade to extract my blackheads!

I think it's a little too soon to tell. What she did was pierce the outer layer of my skin where blackheads were present to help push them out. You could kind of feel a really small prick when she did it and then she squeezed it out. I can't imagine every doing that to myself... I think I'll just have to go to her to do it.

Oh, that sounds interesting.. and probably easier than getting rid of them yourself ^_^ keep us posted on the results. I've yet to find a good way to get rid of blackheads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->