Bottega Veneta F/W 2024.25 Milan

I was trying to look from Phoebe's angle. Would you like it if your fans appreciated your imitators?
This is not about Phoebe - this is about Bottega, not an ersatz Céline. Bye.
No, I wouldn't. I understand where you are coming from. Thank you for opening my eyes. It shouldn't be an ersatz Céline, it's true.

If you don't like her, I respect it. However, you should be a bit more tolerant of other people's tastes. I like her own brand, but she had a team behind Céline, which is why I like it best. Now, if you mind, I'll go on loving what I love and commenting on it, rather than commenting on what I hate (and that's the biggest part of fashion nowadays, we need more fun minimalism).
Asking for tolerance on here is like asking for self-control in a rehab center.

Asking for tolerance on here is like asking for self-control in a rehab center.
Lol, so true. I've been here just for a bit, but I've noticed how people here love to destroy creatives, while they create nothing but destructive words against them. And yet they feel so empowered by doing it that it makes me wonder if they have a personality disorder like narcissism. Creative people are very sensitive and fragile and everyone who is a creative knows they are all inspired by each other. Yet the critics don't cease in quoting 'inspiration' and the like to discredit them. If I were a fashion creative, I'd never browse this forum, or else I'd shoot myself. A lot of people clearly do not understand creative processes.

I just find it a bit hypocritical that people cry about the endless cycle of “Phoebe-cloning”, when they are the ones initiating debates over the ‘Phoebe aesthetic’ in every other thread. Maybe that’s just how modern women want to dress now? Why wouldn’t they produce things that sell (especially since Kering’s having troubles)? And if you KNOW these guys have to answer to suits, why are you still wondering? Aren’t those questions rhetorical then?…

I just find it a bit hypocritical that people cry about the endless cycle of “Phoebe-cloning”, when they are the ones initiating debates over the ‘Phoebe aesthetic’ in every other thread. Maybe that’s just how modern women want to dress now? Why wouldn’t they produce things that sell (especially since Kering’s having troubles)? And if you KNOW these guys have to answer to suits, why are you still wondering? Aren’t those questions rhetorical then?…
What sells today will not sell tomorrow.
Who wants a furry Gucci loafer now? - Once every modern woman's favourite. Kering has no vision.

Lol, so true. I've been here just for a bit, but I've noticed how people here love to destroy creatives, while they create nothing but destructive words against them. And yet they feel so empowered by doing it that it makes me wonder if they have a personality disorder like narcissism. Creative people are very sensitive and fragile and everyone who is a creative knows they are all inspired by each other. Yet the critics don't cease in quoting 'inspiration' and the like to discredit them. If I were a fashion creative, I'd never browse this forum, or else I'd shoot myself. A lot of people clearly do not understand creative processes.
I, along with many others, simply demand more from creatives.

It's like saying - "Hey! Don't be so mean to these Hollywood producers, studio executives and directors! People have too high expectations and are simply bitter armchair critics! All these Marvel-movie-makers don't deserve this treatment! Ok - so the movies aren't great - in fact, they're terrible! But what are YOU creating, huh?!"

To all the designers lurking this thread - "DO BETTER." You're not going to get a pat on the back from me for showing up to work.

In regards to this collection -

I really dislike what this guy is doing at Bottega. I am absolutely exhausted by this "i'M sO tAstEfUL ANd jusT A LItTle QUirKy" aesthetic. And can we ever move beyond all the oversized looks on the catwalk? Who actually wants to wear everything that big? It's looking so sloppy and it's such a cheap design/styling trick.

I also am tired of narrative-less collections. "IT'S FOR EVERYDAY LIFE AND FOR EVERYONE AND IT'S ABOUT A WARDROBE!" Give me a break. What are you actually trying to say?

I, along with many others, simply demand more from creatives.

It's like saying - "Hey! Don't be so mean to these Hollywood producers, studio executives and directors! People have too high expectations and are simply bitter armchair critics! All these Marvel-movie-makers don't deserve this treatment! Ok - so the movies aren't great - in fact, they're terrible! But what are YOU creating, huh?!"

To all the designers lurking this thread - "DO BETTER." You're not going to get a pat on the back from me for showing up to work.

Do you see my avatar? It's an Ingmar Bergman film, not a Spiderman reboot and my taste in fashion is the same. I do not appreciate what is common, yet people here are still too harsh towards real creatives that have potential. Some of them are not even nearly posted on this forum.
People do need to do better, but it's often not their fault, it's the system's fault. Companies need to grow each year, so creatives are forced to repeat formulas that have been already once proved succesful, they are forced to go the safe way . Therefore, the lack of experimentation and venturing into new grounds is very justified.

Blazy is yet another example of a great studio director but a weak artistic director. Some of these pieces are beautiful, but again, everything just falls so flat. It gives off a very corporate and vanilla energy. Bottega as a brand just isn't that exciting anymore. And I wonder why? Is it the predictability of his aesthetic and artistic choices?

He needs to inject some energy and dynamism into the brand somehow. A campaign with an unexpected aesthetic / or star, an unexpected celebrity face, a return to social media, just something you know to bring it back to life.

I think it is a very beautiful collection. A little bit more bourgeois than previously but also a little bit more tame in terms of creativity.

With this collection, he has found a way to infuse some kind of commercial reality into his very creative ideas. It’s still tactile-oriented but more approachable.

This did reminded me of Marc Jacobs’s FW2008 collection for Vuitton which was 80’s inspired. And so I saw some traces of 80’s, which were surprising.

His 2 first collections remains my favorite so far (and the precollections are good) and I kept waiting for that burst of creativity as he has used us to see and it never came. It’s not a memorable collection but it’s somehow a necessary collection.

I hated the strong shoulders though!

sorry but this kind of discussion should be on private. you’re boring the hell out of us. let’s go back to the Bottega’s show conversation. thank you :smile:
I disagree, this kind of discussion is very relevant to the topic. Helmut's not dead, but maybe your soul is? You contribute to the very kind of intolerance in this forum that makes it so hostile and averse to a different perspective. Maybe Helmut is not really your guy?

I personally loved the collection a lot. It is on the simpler side, but the individual pieces are so easy to style nicely, easy on the eye, and some looks were spectacular on the models. Looks 5, 8, 13, 15, 22 are gorgeous, some of the chicest looks I have seen in quite a while. Menswear was good, some of it just alright, a little too boring and without enough nuance to it. The womenswear was divine though, whoever is responsible for the construction should have a raise, so many things could've gone wrong in all the folded/draped looks.

Personally, I think the clothes looked good. A bit heavy for my taste but still good. Is this Blazy’s best work? Probably not. But still, it’s desirable and well-executed. My only issue is that I wish he had created more desirable bags as those have been driving revenue for this brand.

Overall, it’s still Bottega for me. This may seem a bit boring and repetitive to some, but Bottega has always embraced simplicity/‘stealth wealth’ ever since TM. If you look at their collections from the early 2000s, the spirit remains consistent til now albeit evolved

What tickles me is the fact that people are calling this boring and safe but singing praises for MD’s Ferragamo. Especially considering Blazy’s got way more bricks on his back from the group. I honestly think some people just want to dump on whatever and whoever’s hot, moving the goalpost for the popular kids bc they feel the need to humble and de-hype them.

i mean its gorgeous sumptuous and in the moment. The woven knits are delicious and the best pieces in the collection.

Huh ? I literally shop for myself when I look at collections. My opinion matters because I am literally a customer. I prob wont buy any of this because its too in the moment for me.

What tickles me is the fact that people are calling this boring and safe but singing praises for MD’s Ferragamo. Especially considering Blazy’s got way more bricks on his back from the group. I honestly think some people just want to dump on whatever and whoever’s hot, moving the goalpost for the popular kids bc they feel the need to humble and de-hype them.
But everything cannot be compared. I think context always matters in fashion because the creative intention is always informed by context.
Ferragamo in the fashion landscape is less important as a name than Bottega Veneta. Ferragamo is not a name that moves a needle in fashion.
Bottega Veneta under Tomas Maier defined a certain idea of luxury. Under Daniel Lee, it became a force in terms of fashion and so the expectations for Blazy are high…Beyond his impressive resume, his work now has this kind of duty to be part of the fashion conversation.

I loved the Tod’s show. In terms of creativity, there’s nothing really there to talk about but it was clever, relevant for the brand, for the time and it just felt right. I will buy a bag, I will go to the store, try some clothes and who knows…Buy something. But I’m totally aware of the fact that Tod’s won’t change anything in the fashion conversation.

Blazy has proved that he can deliver fireworks so people have higher expectations from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->