Burberry Prorsum F/W 08.09 Milan

I don't know exactly why but I always expect that burberry will do something different and move away each season but they don't , but I think that's maybe because under Christopher they've been so sucessful and they're keeping that heritage brand aesthetic , you know sort of supplying reliable style in the same way.

If that makes sense ..I can't articulate what I mean.

Details:

00610m.jpg
00630m.jpg

00640m.jpg
00660m.jpg

00670m.jpg
00680m.jpg

style.com

I don't know exactly why but I always expect that burberry will do something different and move away each season but they don't , but I think that's maybe because under Christopher they've been so sucessful and they're keeping that heritage brand aesthetic , you know sort of supplying reliable style in the same way.

If that makes sense ..I can't articulate what I mean.

i'm following you - burberry has a history. 151 years of continued existence means that they've defined their aesthetic to the point that any slight divergence could turn it on its head. the problem is that you have a base that is loyal to the brand and its classic style - and either the next generation continues the same appreciation, or you're forced to innovate just slightly to please both groups. this wasn't a groundbreaking collection, but it shouldn't upset the core devotee - my fear is that they haven't come up with the right solution to keep fresh, young appeal.

That necklace is sooo Marni...

Do you think so?

I think it has a far harder edge than a necklace by Marni would have; far more warrior-like.

I really like the jewellery in this collection. :smile:

Particularly this bracelet:

00930m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Some shoes from Fluxá (Spain) of last season are exactly the same... I'll look for them

All in all, I quite like it

Love all the autumn/ winter colours. Would be nice to see some more statement/ NEW pieces

i'm following you - burberry has a history. 151 years of continued existence means that they've defined their aesthetic to the point that any slight divergence could turn it on its head. the problem is that you have a base that is loyal to the brand and its classic style - and either the next generation continues the same appreciation, or you're forced to innovate just slightly to please both groups. this wasn't a groundbreaking collection, but it shouldn't upset the core devotee - my fear is that they haven't come up with the right solution to keep fresh, young appeal.

That's why I think the adverts are styled in the way they are , they remind me so much of some of Bailey's work from the 60s , playing up on that youthful exuberance.

love love LOVE LOOOOOOVE everything ive seen so far! Loves the texture, the colour, the jewelry, the bags, the colour pallette. :heart:

Maybe I am just really behind, but this doesnt say Burberry to me at all---its far chicer (but thats a good thing!).

Only problem I can see is the close-up of that guys zitty pale face.:lol:

That's why I think the adverts are styled in the way they are , they remind me so much of some of Bailey's work from the 60s , playing up on that youthful exuberance.

they certainly are livelier than in recent past seasons. it's a shame though, because the energy used to convey a fresh image in print far outmatches the energy in the collection.

Very much agree about the textures as well! and that it is all very chic. The collection is still missing something. Or somethings...

I'm really not a fan of their styling, there are some nice coats here n there. I never know what think of Burberry recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->