Can't Make Up My Mind

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 17 2004, 12:06 AM
all of the people you mentioned are very individual and certainly don't follow trends...so i'm not sure i am understanding what you mean...they would certainly not care if something was considered chic or passe...they would wear whatever the hell they like...so they are certainly not 'victims' or 'followers'...i think there is a language issue...sorry...i'm not sure we're talkiing about the same thing... :unsure:  :flower:
[snapback]335070[/snapback]​

I was just saying the pants were passe as in a general viewpoint. A reiteration of a view taken from a magazine. Not a personal point since I have never worn them or shorts or tee-shirts... the list goes on. :flower:

thanks for clarifying incroyable...

as someone who worked for a magazine...i can safely advise you not to listen to the stuff in there...

US vogue started the whole 'grunge' look back in the 90's and then proclaimed 'grunge' one of the WORST trends of the decade...

THEY WERE THE ONES THAT STARTED THE WORST TREND... :wacko:

so annoying...i barely look at magazines anymore... i just follow my instincts...and i feel much more comfortable with my 'look'...

^_^ :wink:

I agree softie. just wear what you like, what looks pop into your head, and your all set.

general question, why did the people who preferred the navy prefer it?

edited to add: I think I'm just going to hold out for now and wait until some green ones come up because I like the green ones the best....

NAVY! Navy! Navy!

They are much much nicer than the light blue.
Personally I really like the tees and cargos look, although I've never worn it myself, I've seen others pull it off really well.

Irregardless of whether it is in fashion or not, go for it if you like it!

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 17 2004, 01:28 AM
US vogue started the whole 'grunge' look back in the 90's and then proclaimed 'grunge' one of the WORST trends of the decade...

THEY WERE THE ONES THAT STARTED THE WORST TREND... :wacko:
[snapback]335089[/snapback]​

I so agree. In the spring of 99, Vogue slammed Jeremy Scott's GOLD collection for being "too 80's". Then, in the spring of 2000, when everyone else had already caught on, Vogue heralded the return of "strong femininity and 80's power dressing." :wacko:

00007.L.JPG

Originally posted by mehg@Aug 17 2004, 01:24 AM
I agree softie. just wear what you like, what looks pop into your head, and your all set.
general question, why did the people who preferred the navy prefer it?

edited to add: I think I'm just going to hold out for now and wait until some green ones come up because I like the green ones the best....
[snapback]335127[/snapback]​

personally i like the darker because i always prefer darker colours...they are easier to care for and don't soil as easily...additionally...i don't like to wear jeans and the darker pair would serve the same purpose...it just also seems it would be more flattering to have a darker colour on the bottom...

i like the green ones the best...but why not check out j crew...they have a cute pair of cropped cargos that i think i'm getting and they're like $58...not on the website...ask for the catalog to be sent ..or check urban or polo jeans...i don't think they have to be balenciaga to be cool...

it's funny i'm actually looking for a pair too... i think i'm getting the jcrew ones... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionforever999
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->