Caring for Curls: Curly Hair Care

I rarely use shampoo (maybe once every two to three weeks), instead I use Inecto coconut conditioner daily. A lot less harsh for my hair wich looks much better nowdays. Oh, and it's only 4 euro for a bottle and I use maybe a bottle and a half a year so it's cheap too.

What's a good shampoo for curly hair?
I have curly hair and I'm willing to try just about any shampoo except Pantene (because of its supposed wax content).
I would love to try Fekkai but it's way too expensive.

I use Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner (shampoo every 2 or 3 days, sometimes with conditioning in between)...

then i usually follow up with Fekkai Luscious Curls cream for loose, flexible curls (hair feels really soft, not hard at all as it can with gels/mousse)

the fekkai cream is the best thing i have ever found for curly hair...
my hair looks consistently good since i've been using it for the last couple years

some days when the mood striked me instead of using the fekkai afterwards i use aussie dual personality mousse & leave in conditioner with flexible hold (no hard hair with that either) and this product also tends to work well...

I'm trying Ouidad's shampoo/conditioner and Tress FX right now. I just picked it up today. Based on reviews I've read it is supposed to get better each time you use it. I really liked their site and how much info they had on it. I'll let you know how it works out. Has anyone else tried their products?

i use the 'so sexy' detangler and aveda's curly hair cream to keep my curls in place :smile:
plus both smell divine.. which doesnt hurt.. :smile:

Can anyone recommend a product, that I can buy in the UK for curly hair. I want a product to put in my hair while wet that will maintain and define my natural curls while my hair dries. I have tried Frizz Ease and it doesn't make much difference, any recommendations. Thanks.

bettygem - I'm using Oribe Curl by Definition and the moment, which I love. Although it's maybe a bit expensive, but you can get it from Space.NK.

I've also used Redken Ringlet 07 which I think is good too (you can get it from various places, including hqhair.com)

Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops and Smoothing Super Skinny Serum are great products for taming curls. I also read about something called "Hair Rules Curly Whip" which is a leave-in conditioner that smooths coarse curls and keeps fine ones buoyant, but I haven't tried it yet. I use Bumble & Bumble leave-in conditioner and then put on Garnier Fructis curl construct mousse.

So I need some help! I have very thick, extremely frizzy wavy hair and while it used to behave (thanks to Sunsilk Waves of Envy!), it has now gone out of control.

I used to straighten it a ton but wanted to stop so I could stop damaging my hair but it's hard coming into work with wonky waves.

Some of the products I have used (Redken Ringlet Styling, Herbal Essences, Garnier, Living Proof, Tresemme Mouse, Aveda shampoo/conditioner) and while they have been okay, I'm looking for a morning routine that works.

So what styling products (shampoo/conditioner included) should I use and how should I use them? I hate showering at night so chances are I need a good morning routine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->