Catwalk Trends S/S 07

lots of shine & cling.

also, ive noticed alot of baggy cropped pants.

I love wearing black.. i was so excited for this fall..but i don't like it is this season's shows.
another thing is i don't like the hair and makeup..not much there either

stilettogirl84 said:
I'm seeing a lot of big silver bags everywhere

as well as a twenties influence

You may remember this 20s thing was both predicted and poo-pooed in the predictions thread :innocent:

Btw, Spike, it was "I want to be left alone" :wink:

I quite like the headgear... reminds me of the '20's at Anna Sui and Marc Jacobs, but I really love the Victorian era England-inspired stuff at Prada and Ralph Lauren. :crush:

Hum ... theres VERY STRONG trend of GRECIAN INSPIRED DRESSES ... all over the catwalk and the FWs .. its been worn as per now on the streets! -maybe because of all those empire waist trends ..anyhow .. I love it!

spike, the headgear post could easily start a new thread
would you mind copy/pasting this as a free standing discussion?
then i can just move the rest of the headgear replies there

love the 'precious gem' colours popping up in Milano
and i've noticed a continuation for two 'older' trends
the oversized bags and the patent leather shoes

is it just me or is there something wrong with the print themes this season?
opinions?

ultramarine said:
Hum ... theres VERY STRONG trend of GRECIAN INSPIRED DRESSES ... all over the catwalk and the FWs .. its been worn as per now on the streets! -maybe because of all those empire waist trends ..anyhow .. I love it!

I was actually just about to post that! Alberta Ferretti and Costello Tagliapetra were really feeling Greek!

but.. isnt this a constant trend since some years now?
greek classicism is been around for ages now, its not something new ..

I'm tired of all these gosh darn prints... I really hate them. ESPECIALLY the ones in Milan from Dell'Aqua, Prada, and Pollini. I was so happy to see solids at Jil Sander, and black and white at Fendi!

^ ditto.

Prints have been exhausted on the runways as far as I'm concerned. They just don't seem interesting anymore (and there have been some very odd prints in some collections) The only prints I have liked are the abstract "earth" prints Donna Karan did.

It's time for something different. I hope this trend of solid colors we've been seeing will turn things around.

Belts S/S 07

I saw several in NYC during Fashion Week but feel that we're over the major hump of this trend. What's the view from where you are?

Will post pictures after I get back from my photo shoot today. You can read about styling with belts on one of my jobs here.

Are belts going to stay at the natural waist or are they going to drop again? :huh:

merging ^

to start new trend discussions we need photos/examples from at least five different collecions

having a specific 'trend direction' would also help when we start up new season's trendspotting threads

thanks for keeping this in mind :flower:

I've been noticing a lot of open-toed mules on the runway:

00040m.jpg

Marni

00040m.jpg

Calvin Klein

00330m.jpg

Versace

style.com

This section of Nicole Phelps's review of the Blumarine show on style.com confused me a bit:

Yes, Molinari touched on the season's trends—brocade is one example —but her dresses nodded less to the sixties than to Lolita, with nipped waists that flared out to the knee. Echoing that silhouette, taffeta jackets with short, puffed sleeves and mini peplums were belted and worn with A-line pleated skirts.

Pink is a color of the season, but it's been a Blumarine favorite for years, and this crowd-pleasing show ended with a parade of old-Hollywood glamour gowns in shades of blush, cotton candy, and dusty rose.

Has anyone noticed an overabundance of brocade? :unsure:
Maybe I just haven't been looking out for it?

Also, I personally wouldn't have called pink the color of the season.... what do others have to say about this? I actually thought that we were over pink for the most part....

^ nicole should stay away from the substances :evil:

now seriously, where on earth did she get the brocade and the pink from?

i'm afraid that those open toe mulles/sandals are very typical cutxpaste, summer in summer out..

winter-as-summer seems to be a new trend now :D
at least a Milan where sometimes i wasnt sure which season i was actually watching.. its really puzzling me

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ :lol:
glad i'm not the only one who was confused by those statements..

my only thoughts were "are we looking at the same collections?" :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->