Model Casting S/S 07

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
Inspired by the rather successful thread we had last season, I decided to make a thread on the model castig of the S/S 07 runways. What things are you noticing? Trends in models? What new girls stand out? Who did most shows? Who should do more? Etc etc...

To answer some questions first... what I am noticing is that there are SO many new girls litteraly ruling the runways. I have only occasionaly seen an A-list (Romina, Iselin, Morgane, Marta, Hana etc) top (Gemma, Sasha, Eugenia etc), or super (Karolina, Daria etc) And personally I don't mind it. I am really liking the new faces this season and it's causing a fresh breeze of air, imo.

the doll face types aren't as popular now with the new girls taking the spotlight, but they're still working. i like the new faces like tanya d, ines c, cecilia m, hilary r - the faces are a bit more elegant as opposed to simply cute. irina even more popular now, no signs of slowing down..

As everyone else will probably state this but it's all about the new faces in NY so far and last season' s "it" girls who had a fairly decent campaign season for Fall06 eg: Anne Mariya U, Bette, Mariya Markina just to name a few. The most promising new face so far is Bruna T and Cecilia @ Supreme who' s doing great. Alana Zimmer is another model i'm rooting for. Although all these new faces are exciting and most of all refreshing I still kinda miss all the models I'm used to seeing in NY like Diana, Daria, Iselin and Liya :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely new faces season so far. Bruna, Agyness, Anna Mariya, Alana Z, Chanel, Daiane, Eva Helene, Anna M, Tayla, Alyona, Giedre, etc... A whole bunch of new girls all doing very well.

I wouldn't count Cecilia as new but this definitely seems to be her breakthrough season. Same with Iekeliene. And Olya's kicking it after her makeover (opening Proenza, Vera Wang, Temperley...).

Love that Patricia and Ms. Markina definitely have made it to the big league and secretely curses the fact that Coco refuses to fade. :innocent:

I've also noticed a greater diffusion of the opening slots, which is nice.

I think that the reason that we are seeing so many new faces this season, is that alot of the models that usualy rule NYFW seemed to have skipped it or only did select shows (Heather Marks, Daria, and Iselin Stiero seemed to have skipped NY, Julia only did Anna Sui, and so on)

I think it's more of a balence. The girls that have been modelling a little longer are still having good season so far, (Jessica Stam, fo example, has been in alot of shows, including ones that she never did before this fashion week ie. Narciso Rodriguez, Vera Wang and Carolina Hererra ) and the new girls are also doing well. That's cool, I guess :flower:

I did notice that there doesn't seem to be a clear star among all the newer girls this season. Most of them are just blending in with all the other models. Last spring, it was Snejana, Sasha and Freja. They were the it girls, they did almost every show, they stood out and that was that. I don't see that as much this season.

^ Hmm I have to disagree on that last point. I definetly think there are it-girls this week. Tanya Dziahileva being one of them. Among the totally new girls, they're Bruna Tenorio and Olya Ivanisevic (opening three high-profile shows) and perhaps even Chanel Iman who all three are EVERYwhere...

bowl cuts and bangs everywhere, but i think only Rachel A really pulled it off. And it's really great to see so many fresh faces ruling the runway. This is the first season that i actually have to learn so many model IDs. I think the models look more delicate and fragile probably because they are new and young(15~17) but I would love to see a young model with strong look and it hasn't happened, well at least to me.

no doubt Bruna Tenorio is a star! Chris is the one to watch. And i'm loving Olya and Velaria.

Yeah, Chris Reilly is gonna take over Paris I think. Too bad she only did 2 shows in NY. She'll be the Hilary of a year ago. Nothing in NY, everything in Paris.

PS: Here's my top 5 plus honourable mentions after NY fashion week:

http://dalemagazine.blogspot.com/

Chris did 6 shows. ^_^

It's an understatement to say I was surprised to find that a lot of my favorites have become the new it-girls :lol:. Bruna Tenorio (not such a huge surprise but still shocked by the amount!), Cecilia Mendez, Lais, Ines Crnokrak (I gave up after 4 seasons of optimism), Eva Helene, Svieta Nemkova and Calvin Klein exclusives for Lara Stone and Ekaterina Kiseleva. Only girl missing is Sophie.
It seems the industry is developing to my desire. Give a model 2 or 3 supreme seasons, changez!, and have new girls leading the next pack. It's enough for an 'it-girl' to make a couple bucks and lead a secure life. There are so many new faces cropping up every season, I'm loving it. :P

Is it me or was there a lot of Marina Perez around too? I never thought of her as a designer's favorite, more like the underdog.

^Agreed.

And I like that we're seeing more of Irina.

Asian models are doing well again. Du Juan and Han are doing really well this season (better than last), Hye is doing about the same amount of shows she usually does. I've also seen Ai, Julianna and An Watanabe around a lot as well. I really liked Ayako Hayamizu, shame I haven't seen her around yet.

Bruna is great. Definitely my favorite new face.

Supreme girls are EVERYWHERE.

Yeah I'm really liking the Asian models. I don't think I've ever seen so many in one week.

As far as established models go, Caroline Trentini has been everywhere and I love it. There's always such a lack of old favorites in NYC because it isn't as lucrative as Europe.

Han, Du, An are everywhere! The rest of the asian models are doing well too.

Speaking of asian models... Miyuki Koizumi is nowhere to be seen this season.

And I agree with everyone on Coco! Too much Coco this season!!

And so many new girls... I said something about the big new faces emerging in Europe and someone corrected me in another thread.. and I totally eat my words.. NY is where faces are broken in.. Bruna, Aggnys (sp), Olya, Chanel, Darla, etc.. etc..

iperlchen said:
Ines Crnokrak (I gave up after 4 seasons of optimism)

:lol: I've noticed her around as well... hurray!

To add another name to the Asians list... Sonny is doing really good as well. She's done a lot of shows this week, albeit almost all B-shows... but still. She had like 5 exits at LAMB!

Also black models seem to be more around. And not just one black girl, but a lot of em. I've seen Atong, Kinee, Chanel, Wakeema, Ajuma, Jaunel, Marie, hell even Nnenna was there :P

I am also liking this Maryna Linchuk girl, by the way.

More Ajuma is always nice, we never see enough of her.

Heck, we even got the requisite Alek appearance at Baby Phat.

And ANTM girls are getting real runways, a couple did an off-schedule show in Milan, Nnenna did a couple, and Nik did a couple also.

It seems I am the only one in this thread who is dissappointed with the model casting this season.:lol: What I see is less of good 'old' faces and so many new boring faceless faces. I miss old days when there were many types of girls, beautiful, interesting and not so beautiful, but now even the worst old models seem way better than today's girls. Bruna is not bad but I don't see anuthing apecial too, any girl doesn't strike me like Sasha or Snejana did. The girls who have their second or third seasons are like heaven compared to the newest ones. I like Anna-Mariya who did it quite well in NY, Tanya D looks much better too, Mariya MArkina seems to be not bad too and most of all I like Ekaterina Kiseleva, I hope she will become big this or next seasons

**Weight reference: Please see tFS guidelines**

We got our black models, but really only the darker, African looking ones: the only light skinned girl I recall seeing is Davinia at Jojovich-Hawk.

Cecilia, Tanya, and Coca are the three most unattractive women I've ever seen on a catwalk- and, sadly, the most popular this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->