Model Casting S/S 07

In all honesty, the runway has really been reserved for the superfrail new girls... veterans don't really want to do runway anymore. They prefer sticking to editorials and ad campaigns. I doubt that we'll see a whole lot of the Supers on the catwalk this season, or any season in the near future.

^ I don't think I mind. I find it exciting to finally see a lot of new faces taking over... the fashion world changes constantly so a big chance in the modeling world is welcome I guess. Not that I do not like the Lily's, Caroline's and Eugenia of these days!

i really hope elise can pull off the vibe she used to have, she seemed like fading away this year, the only lucky thing for her was she reclaimed an editorial in italy vogue last month, i hope she will be everywhere in Paris and Milan

KhaoticKharma said:
In all honesty, the runway has really been reserved for the superfrail new girls... veterans don't really want to do runway anymore. They prefer sticking to editorials and ad campaigns. I doubt that we'll see a whole lot of the Supers on the catwalk this season, or any season in the near future.

Some of the better veterans were going on castings this season,which tells me that they were available for the shows. It seems that some designers chose not to use them or didn't like the price tag that goes along with them. :innocent:

The veterens, I'm assuming are girls like Trentini, Gemma, Elise, Stam and Heather (if she had shown up), etc etc?

If they had a show card ....they were available. Not sure what happen to Heather Marks????

about the whole heather marks situation...(not doing any ny shows)

there was an article in the newspaper today about canadian models and fashion..and it said that heather skipped out of nyfw this season in favour of some big money jobs...so maybe THAT explains why she was missing in action:ninja:

..and i dont blame her for choosing to do those big $ jobs:lol:

Smart girl :smartass: The shows are a hit or miss thing but dollars in the bank are a sure thing$$$$$. :D

jssy4eva said:
I remember watching this interview of Emina, where they followed her around one day in Paris, and she got called to do Chanel show, only a few hours before it began.
modtv i think it was.

pealike said:
i really hope elise can pull off the vibe she used to have, she seemed like fading away this year, the only lucky thing for her was she reclaimed an editorial in italy vogue last month, i hope she will be everywhere in Paris and Milan
i hope so too. Paris and Milan designers used to like her a lot and it'll be great if she makes a big comeback

I don't think girls like Angela,Stam, Daria or Liya go on many castings ( if any at all). They get booked directly most of the time :flower:.

Milan should be interesting to observe the coming week. Alot of great new girls at Supreme/women will hopefully do really well. Fingers crossed!.

Last edited by a moderator:
J'ador-DioR said:
I don't think girls like Angela,Stam, Daria or Liya go on many castings ( if any at all). They get booked directly most of the time :flower:.

I thought so too, but I've heard from other models that they've seen Natasha Poly go to bookings, and I'd say she's just as big as Stam right now.

i hope i see a lot of the big named girls on the runway, i like the familiar faces. Also i get a sense of a connection to them after seeing them in the editorials, ads and then seeing them translate their beauty in motion on the runway.

jakeee said:
about the whole heather marks situation...(not doing any ny shows)

there was an article in the newspaper today about canadian models and fashion..and it said that heather skipped out of nyfw this season in favour of some big money jobs...so maybe THAT explains why she was missing in action:ninja:

..and i dont blame her for choosing to do those big $ jobs:lol:

I wonder what the job was :woot:

Just wondering since London is happening now, who all is walking it?

^Lily Cole, Kim Noorda, Irina, and some others have all been spotted :smile:

model_mom said:
If they had a show card ....they were available. Not sure what happen to Heather Marks????

not necessarily. Some have showcards but refuse many shows.

I'm not a fan of the London shows. The big shows use whoeever new york is booking, and the smaller ones use the most bizarre faces..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->