Model Casting S/S 07

^ Bianca, I was very sad to not see on a high fashion runway because you can always count on her to kinda sex things up a bit (when you have a face like her's.....) I do also miss Daria very much. I was very sorry to hear that she was just going to Chanel.....:( Trentini, I agree was the dominent veteren, Stam came in second (nine seasons, since 2003, does probably make her one of the more experienced girls) and Gemma is such a supermodel in the high fashion industry anyway that she can afford to pick a choose. I don't really think Stam can make it to Gemma's status and I'm like her biggest fan. :P

I pretty much think once we hit Milan & Paris, we'll start seeing the Hilary, Gemma, Elise, Inguna, Natasha, Eugenia, Hana, Heather (?), Lily Donaldson, Raquel, Snejana, Vlada, Sasha, Julia Stegner, Doutzen, Freja, Marija, Romina, Anja, and the rest of the veterans from seasons past.

As to Stam making it to Gemma's status, I don't think quite to Gemma's status, but I do think Stam is one of the top models in the industry. Not only does she do tons of shows, but she's a fabulous editorial model and manages to grab a few campaigns each season.

I just realized that everyone I mentioned in the above post (minus Heather Marks, Julia Stegner, and Anja Rubik) were all in the Zac Posen show. So they're definantly still alive and working haha.

The Women girls better show up soon...:o

Iekeliene had 36? Holy cow, I didn't even think...good for her, though!

Claudia's still going strong
seen her in quite a few shows already in London

Same with Maryna Linchuck,Tanya D, Irina, Behati...

Good to see Marcelina Sowa too.

Last edited by a moderator:
kevinnn said:
I pretty much think once we hit Milan & Paris, we'll start seeing the Hilary, Gemma, Elise, Inguna, Natasha, Eugenia, Hana, Heather (?), Lily Donaldson, Raquel, Snejana, Vlada, Sasha, Julia Stegner, Doutzen, Freja, Marija, Romina, Anja, and the rest of the veterans from seasons past.

I think so too... we can count on seeing them at Versace and Cavalli at the very least.

fullfrontal said:
In terms of shows, I think Freja is the Gemma or Daria W. of seasons past. No longer new but still fresh yet seasoned.
Coco and Tanya D were everywhere...something about Coco on runway has made me start to like her (not a fan of her editorial).
The dominant "veteran" was Caroline Trentini and then Stam to a lesser extent.
I haven't kept up with a lot of the new faces, so I'm still learning but that's my take. Like many others, I miss the mainstays like Daria and Erin W. and Elise C. and Diana D. Heather Marks and where in the world is Bianca?

Someone in Heather's thread emailed Mode Models and they said she had planned to skip NY shows but will be in Paris and Milan. :smile:

I think that Caroline and Stam were tied in terms of veterans. They both have had a strong season so far. In my opinion, it's more about quality than quantity. For example, being in a Marc Jacobs show is alot more helpful to your career then being in 5 smaller shows, and I think that any model would agree to that. Coco Rocha only did about 9 shows last season, but they were the best of the best: Marc Jacobs, Annna Sui, Versace, Prada, Lous Vuitton Chanel, etc, and look what it did for her :flower:

jssy4eva said:
I think that Caroline and Stam were tied in terms of veterans. They both have had a strong season so far. In my opinion, it's more about quality than quantity. For example, being in a Marc Jacobs show is alot more helpful to your career then being in 5 smaller shows, and I think that any model would agree to that. Coco Rocha only did about 9 shows last season, but they were the best of the best: Marc Jacobs, Annna Sui, Versace, Prada, Lous Vuitton Chanel, etc, and look what it did for her :flower:

And don't forget the designer that's making her famous... Balenciaga.

kevinnn said:
And don't forget the designer that's making her famous... Balenciaga.

:flower:

I guess it doesn't hurt when you're Steven Miesels muse either :lol: :wink:

It's a good thing I love Coco, because this is the beginning of a very solid career...i remember someone here once said:

"when you're loved by Miesel, you're loved by the industry"

Jessica Stam, Elise Crombez, Snejana...all Miesel girls :heart: :woot:

jssy4eva said:
:flower:

I guess it doesn't hurt when you're Steven Miesels muse either :lol: :wink:

It's a good thing I love Coco, because this is the beginning of a very solid career...i remember someone here once said:

"when you're loved by Miesel, you're loved by the industry"

Jessica Stam, Elise Crombez, Snejana...all Miesel girls :heart: :woot:

Oh yeah. He sure loves his Canadian girls. Heather Marks, Lisa Cant, Jessica Stam, and Coco Rocha.

And Linda E!

He also worked quite a bit with Daria early in her international career, didn't he?

Mehh... it's not always true. He did two only girls eds, I believe, with Viktoria Sekrier... MDC was saying "And now she will be a star!" But she's still kinda B-list :P

indie said:
Finnish Model Suvi Koponen has a Prada exclusive. :woot:
I'm guessing she's just on option? She wouldn't know this early, I don't think. From what I understand, Prada always has A LOT of options, but obviously only a handfull make the final line-up. It would be awesome for Suvi though!

Actually, I've been wondering for a while now when you usually get confirmed for a show? Is it like a day ahead of the show, two days, more? And do some girls (ie the major players they want for sure) get confirmed early while they wait longer to fill the last spots?

Sorry if these are stupid questions... :blush:

Saracita said:
I'm guessing she's just on option? She wouldn't know this early, I don't think. From what I understand, Prada always has A LOT of options, but obviously only a handfull make the final line-up. It would be awesome for Suvi though!

Actually, I've been wondering for a while now when you usually get confirmed for a show? Is it like a day ahead of the show, two days, more? And do some girls (ie the major players they want for sure) get confirmed early while they wait longer to fill the last spots?

I remember watching this interview of Emina, where they followed her around one day in Paris, and she got called to do Chanel show, only a few hours before it began.

I think that if a model is doing an exclusive with a designer, they find out before everyone else. LIz Bell Agency postd in in May or June that James Neate would be doing a Prada/Miu Miu exclusive during Men's Fashion Week, which was 2 month's later:flower:

Saracita said:

I've heard of cases where the model was 'semi-confirmed', but then 3 hours away from the show got pulled out of the line. :doh:

^ Agreed.:ninja:

That's true about the exclusives, they would obviously need to know early on. And I didn't think about how close Milan really is. I guess Suvi could well be confirmed for Prada then! I didn't realize you could get book a show months ahead, though!

^ Maybe it's so that the model won't bother going on castings? If they get the exclusive early enough, they could just go for the show, and not have to do any work in between :ermm:

Another thing that I wonder...do you suppose that models get paid more for an exclusive, since it limits their options everywhere else that Fashion Week, or could it be seen as more of a favour for their career? I mean, look at models that did Prada exclusives (Gemma, Diaine, James Neate)..it really helped out their careers. Everyone seems to want to book you, because they can't have you at first glance :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->