Model Casting S/S 07

I know for fact (well, somebody told me) that Daria and Gemma get invites to do shows rather than castings. The icons of the industry such as Angela, Liya, Carolyn, and etc. probably get invites as well.

Faith Akiyama said:
^Lily Cole, Kim Noorda, Irina, and some others have all been spotted :smile:

Bette Franke, Marina Peres, Vlada Roslyakova, Tanya Dziahileva, Behati Prinsloo, Rachel Alexander, Leah De Warvin, Milana Bogolepova, and a few others.

has any of you noticed that Naomi was always featured on Anna Sui's show, but this time it was karen elson who opened the show, what was happening? and do you think Anna's show has more super models than any other major shows?

i am curious about Missy Rayder, how is her status in the fashion industry? she seemed like only doing exclusive shows.

IMHO, the case with Missy is that Steven Meisel likes her, so all the big ones like her... yet nobody really likes her. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting when she pops up in an Italian Vogue and everyone goes "Sigh, go away already" :wink:

awwww.....I love Missy...

I think she's one of those models that will always do a few shows because designers are loyal to her....Anna Sui, Marc Jacobs, Dolce and Gabbana, etc.

I think that the same can be said for models like Dewi....

I was actualy surprised that Shelly Sander was at neither Marc Jacobs or Marc by Marc Jacobs...she always does his shows :ermm:

jssy4eva said:
I was actualy surprised that Shelly Sander was at neither Marc Jacobs or Marc by Marc Jacobs...she always does his shows :ermm:

Oh yeah! Me too! Incase people are wondering, he did say she was his favorite model when he was on Oprah. :P

i miss all the old girls of spring 2006 and earlier! It seems like the fashion industry is going through a HUGE transition. the models are all mish-mashed about, and the real veterans are just walking a few shows, the better well known ones.

I miss all the models that I was familiar with, it seems like we've been hit with all the new ones so suddenly! But I'm loving most of them, even though I think lots of them look similar, or not so unique. Some that I'm loving which are new or fairly new are Behati, Coco Rocha, Anna Maria U., Magdalena Franckowiak, and eva polonionva.

But like you guys, I miss all the old girls! Even if they weren't huge, I think a few seasons ago all the girls were so much more individual. Like you could tell them apart in a snap, but not anymore. Girls like Kim Noorda, Claudia Merikula, Morgane Dubled, Julia Stegner, Julia Dunstall, Vlada R., Sasha P., Natasha Poly, Valentina Zelyaeva, and more importantly Heather Marks, Caroline Trentini, Daria Werbowy, Lily Donaldson, Polina Kouklina, etc. etc. I could name a ton more! But it just seems like, even though many are still walking shows (Caroline T. walked 25!) they lost their spark. They used to dominate, and now they're overshadowed by all these new faces.

Hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to!!
But on a brighter note, I think the spring 2007 season has been absolutely OUTSTANDIN! I loved every show pretty much, the big name ones as well as the small name ones. Some stand outs are Matthew Williamson, Derek Lam, Pucci, Blu Marine, and Bottega Venetta.

The models on the runway have become dead to me. The runway is just not that exciting anymore. The girls are (usually) hideous for my liking, and that really matter are the clothes. I think a lot of fashion icons feel the same way I do- for example, it seems to me that you really need to stick around for at least two runway seasons and a campaign or two before Anna Wintour notices you at all! :innocent: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna Wintour has this thing of casting her fav models over and over again until they get overexposed and we get tired of them :innocent:

you don't think its cuz most of the models being shown to her look terrible and she can't find a good reason to actually promote them via amer. vogue?
thaknfully the runway si moving back towards mroe attractive girls---we have the few ooglie/cool girls --- liek poor , sweet daiana and cecilia, but there are other starts swiftly rising that are actually pretty. teh fact tha valentina gets so much work on the runways is notable.

I love to see actually pretty girls on the runway (Daria, Amanda Moore, Valentina, Natalia V). They're a rarity these days.

^ nice to see i'm not the only one to like both daria and amanda!

^:lol:
I'm liking Tanya D...Something about her is just fierce and mysterious. More more more please.

Also seems like I hardly see Anja Rubik that much..I hope she's stil laround. I checked on style, and I only saw photos from 06 season..for some odd reason. Maybe it's my computer.:(

Didn't she open Valentino? I think Anja is starting to fade.. like Doutzen is starting to fade.. maybe they're too established to walk anymore.. if that makes any sense. Anja just got the Estee Lauder cosmetics deal.

eword said:
^ nice to see i'm not the only one to like both daria and amanda!

^_^ I am actually just a recent convert to Dariaism... I thought she looked like a squirell for a while, but as of late she's really started to grow on me.

Amanda, however, I've always found stunning. I wouldn't mind if she hit on me, despite the fact that I'm not gay... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->