Catwalk Trends S/S 07

Diane von Furstenberg
16.jpg
18.jpg

Peter Som
14.jpg
9.jpg

[nymag.com]

I just saw all of Anna Sui's collection. I loved it. definetly feeling the sixties hippy rock vibe. A bit repetitive though...but still cute.

So i guess beige is definetly the colour...and over baggy fabrics. God i can't wait for europes fashion weeks. I hope they can spice it up a bit

isn't this a carry from s/s 06? at least i remember dkny using yellow. well maybe not that much, but the collection had some yellow spot
anyways, i like this. yellow is a cute colour and these dresses posted look awfully cute :flower:

I prefer a more washed-out, yet vibrant yellow. The yellow @ CK was just right, especially when combined with the washed-out grey. That Ruffian jumper is really cool, too.

Black S/S 07

Surprise surprise! Black is back for one more season.

If that doesn't sound surprising, then you may already have a few black items in your wardrobe you're sure to wear season after season.

I love black and happy to see it going strong year after year. ^_^

Glad North African/Arabic influences aren't being shown in a negative way...that would be disturbing :flower:

I haven't noticed too much in terms of overt 'ethnic' references aside from DK and RL yet, aside from the Japanese-inspired bits at Imitation of Christ...seem to be seeing the following, many of which have already been mentioned:

- white/off-whites
- black
- yellow and deep blues
- pale desert/seascape colours (nudes, seafoam)
- volume (trapeze/tent dresses, full skirts, puffed/petal-like sleeves)
- ruffles (tiered ruffles in a few cases)
- sheer fabrics, eg: chiffon, organza
- lace and satin
- cropped jackets and some cocoon shapes continuing from fall
- draping
- flats in general: jazz shoes, thong sandals, flat platforms, flat boots
- vinyl/patent
- rose shapes/motifs
- cigarette trousers continuing
- cropped/full-length wide leg trousers, often pleated, some high-waisted
- jumpers/overalls/suspenders
- drop-waists
- pockets and tunics continuing

satin and 'fake whites' were both huge at NYFW catwalks

as for the 'arabic' i think we need a new term for this trend.
to me, it's more about a fluid trend that embodies layering, kaftan-like shapes and harem salvars than an 'arabic' / africa trend

Last edited by a moderator:
Short short hair... hair trend leaders are hands down models Patricia Schmid, Alison Nix and Tasha Tilberg.....

And bangs: Irina Lazareanu, Anouck Lepere....

Then you got the bold brows league headed by Hilary Rhoda with her group of wild brows newcomers backing her.

For makeup, clear face and bold lips in fresh colors like a peachy red, light fuschia..... Look no 2 is nude face and strong smoky shimmery eye.

I like it, but it's VERY impractical, esp. for those of us who live in places where it's SWELTERING during the summer!

I live in the middle of a desert, and wearing black is like practically begging for a heat stroke :lol:

I love black, but I cant wear it!!!! booo!!!! I have to stick with my nice dark brown, year after year, and dream about beautiful black dresses like that Donna Karan sheer. It's lovely, wish it was in brown!

i dont like wearing black for summer, i find it sad and neurotic

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->