Celebrities that are Bald/Have Wigs

ciarabadweave.jpg

taletela

Naomi Campbell's doesn't look like a weave to me? But I wouldn't have a clue.

so basically it's impossible for black women to have naturally straight hair?
I need to watch Good Hair right now.

i don t know really

i guess it can always be relaxed but it s easier to put a weave

poor naomi campbell. it looks like she has a lot of damage on her scalp. :o

Black hair comes in many different textures, there are some black people with straight hair. I've got more than a few in my family.
Good Hair isn't even a good movie. :rolleyes: I'd hate to think that people are going to that as the be all, end all explanation of the politics and history of black hair because that would be more than a little sad...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is heavy on black celebs but a lot of white celebs have hair extensions- Jessica Simpson,Ashlee Simpson, Gwen Stefani, Kate Beckingsale, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Mischa Barton, Olivia Palermo (though she claims she doesn't in some pics they are obvious), Lauren Conrad, all the Kardashians, Fergie, Amanda Bynes, Selena Gomez..etc

A fair percentage of actresses with long hair have extensions added for fullness rather than length.

Basically it's impossible for black women to have straight hair if they continue to get their hair done all the time. If Beyonce put heat/chemicals to her hair every time she needed to perform or make a public appearance, her real hair would fall out, it'd be so fried. So it's actually practical for her to wear weaves/wigs to protect her natural hair.

I've heard from many black people that Good Hair is a very crappy "documentary" that's really exploitative. I have nothing against Chris Rock but I'd rather just talk to hair stylists myself than listen to him.

This thread is heavy on black celebs but a lot of white celebs have hair extensions- Jessica Simpson,Ashlee Simpson, Gwen Stefani, Kate Beckingsale, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Mischa Barton, Olivia Palermo (though she claims she doesn't in some pics they are obvious), Lauren Conrad, all the Kardashians, Fergie, Amanda Bynes, Selena Gomez..etc

A fair percentage of actresses with long hair have extensions added for fullness rather than length.

Thank you for posting this. For every black celeb you see with a weave/wig there is a white/non-white/black celeb to match. I felt like the poster was trying to make a point with this thread without saying it. Please don't think that trash Good Hair explains the history of black hair or that any one black person can tell you about all of our hair. We are not are all the same.

Also, just because a person wears a weave or wig does not make them bald. And the picture of Solange with the weave is to add fullness which was taken months before the second picture. The after is when she decided to shave her hair.

hmm this thread is full of pictures of while celebs who have weaves or extentions.

Solange did decide to shave her hair but she was wearing weaves before all the time.
and what i got from Good Hair is that, the more u put chemicals in your hair, the less hair u ll have. but some people get addicted or don t feel complete until they have extentions or weaves or whatever it is the choose to put in their hair

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->