Celine F/W 2021.22 Maincy

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Apr 14, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Bland girls wearing a blazer with a crop top and jeans? Now that’s risky. He really is the biggest disgrace to fashion, ever.
    Furthermore, I believe that I’d take his first show because at least he made me feel furious. These clothes are the most uneventful things out there in the market.

3. donyan

donyan Well-Known Member

how the mighty have fallen

4. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

Once again, a show that screams desperation. LVMH is desperate to sell this stuff and increase the numbers, and Hedi is desperate to get the Chanel job. However, this time he went for Louis Vuitton knock-offs and boring versions of Karl's design codes for Chanel. But it doesn't work, it's still a trunk show with commercial stuff and a complete lack of sense of humour. Actually, that's why Hedi will never be the Chanel's designer.

laRenta__x0, Mrs.T and EDEN21 like this.
  5. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

This look like a TikTok vintage thrift shop challenge. If you gonna design these kind of clothes at least use Jane Birkin as your muse and not you know ... Kaia Gerber.

Designers need to realize a knockoff without the history, the allure, the timeless appeal will never be desirable as the real Chanel. If you can't afford with the current Chanel prices go vintage.

6. joedago

joedago New Member

Pathetic

liberty33r1b and jeanclaude like this.
  7. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

This is almost like the Vetements schtick lmfao. Plain boring baseline clothes but at an even higher, astronomical price point. Not even any interesting styling proposals. How many people are really wealthy enough to purchase this stuff for their regular clothes??

jeanclaude, EDEN21 and perhydrol like this.
  8. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Watching this made me feel like seeing Vogue Paris eds coming to life and I only thought about the fact that Emmanuelle needs to go!

The collection is boring and expected but once i accepted that Hedi is not the genius designer we all believed he was, I actually liked some pieces. The coats, the tailoring, the jeans and the bags were good actually... So good that it can make go to the store to see them upclose.

But I must say, the fragrance PARADE ( by Hedi at Celine) is much more desirable than this parade of a collection...

10. EDEN21

EDEN21 New Member

how is this at all different from any other Hedi Celine collection?

RedSmokeRise, Lola701 and jeanclaude like this.
  11. Kimihiro

Kimihiro Member

I feel like expecting something revolutionary and outstanding from Hedi at this point is counterintuitive and reductive. We already know what his Celine is about—higher quality take of basic, boring pieces. Almost everything is just wearable, tailoring is superb. Each season a further iteration of the previous one. The collection is boring but I really could see a case or a room for this kind of proposition.

12. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

you just don’t understand the exquisite tailoring of the grey hoodie. Will you look stupid wearing this? of course, but does it matter if you know you ~invested~ your money wisely in supreme quality and ‘timeless classics’ and not trendy at all items like jeans with holes, this top or a jacket with ‘A POEM’ written on the back? no. Forget about appearances, smart shopping, y’know..

annikad likes this.
  13. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

He didn´t design a new collection...he just shooted random people on the street; and then he made a lookbook with all the pics!

14. Foxie-Pooh

Foxie-Pooh Active Member

Maybe that's why I liked this collection...perhaps this was ghost styled by our favorite voguettes lol I mean you can see all the vogue girls in here

The looks could be edited down more but I enjoyed the styling and the atmosphere. The clothes are fairly accessible too, obviously to satisfy LVMH's demand for numbers. The new strategy seems to be working since the new collections are selling much better.

We can forget about new or revolutionary designs from Celine, commercial success is the end goals here and they've made that very clear.

vetemente likes this.
  15. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I don’t understand some comments from some of you all...
    I see the name LVMH throw around...Almost there to justify the limits of Hedi.
    Hedi is limited and it’s sad that he is just a very commercial designer. We got to accept it.
    It has nothing to do with LVMH and sales...

Vuitton, Loewe and Fendi (before Kim Jones) were all the top brands of LVMH. Yes the sales were made by leather goods and logos but the items that drove the sales were the runway propositions...That were far from being obviously commercial and there was a clientele for this.

What I think is sad with Hedi is that for someone who started designing Womenswear 9 years ago, I feel like I’ve seen his limits 5 years ago. It’s just stuck!

He is a great tailor and he got this thing for attitude but the mediocrity of his work or his lack of imagination has nothing to do with the suits at LVMH.

If one thing people at LVMH are guilty of is to have let Haider go.

16. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I watched this first thing in the morning to see if at least the presentation was as good as the mens...I fell asleep three times.

17. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

This is how I see all the women dressed in Monaco though.

I would take clothes that are actually wearable over avant garde weirdness nobody will realistically wear.

vetemente, SophiaVB and dontbeadrag like this.
  18. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

That's just sad. No doubt the quality and materials are great, blah blah BUT some of these entire looks you can get at zara, currently in stores lol. This is so bad and sad it makes you miss his ridiculous vintage outings at saint laurent

19. TianCouture

TianCouture Well-Known Member

the bell skirt in the end of that video is horrific

20. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

Also (this goes for everyone not just Celine lol) what is with the evolution and fetishizing of the runway walk?? Like this could more interesting if it created somewhat of a fantasy of a person in the space of Maincy. But like the flop idea of this "fierce" walk in a French commune gives off such try-hard vibes it's laughable. It took me a while to pinpoint and notice but it's in like everybody's presentations it's becoming redundant. The models don't work and sell the clothes like they used to. Unless the intention rele is to sell a wannabe sterile catwalk moment.

Frida likes this.