Celine F/W 2021.22 Maincy

Bland girls wearing a blazer with a crop top and jeans? Now that’s risky. He really is the biggest disgrace to fashion, ever.
Furthermore, I believe that I’d take his first show because at least he made me feel furious. These clothes are the most uneventful things out there in the market.

Once again, a show that screams desperation. LVMH is desperate to sell this stuff and increase the numbers, and Hedi is desperate to get the Chanel job. However, this time he went for Louis Vuitton knock-offs and boring versions of Karl's design codes for Chanel. But it doesn't work, it's still a trunk show with commercial stuff and a complete lack of sense of humour. Actually, that's why Hedi will never be the Chanel's designer.

This look like a TikTok vintage thrift shop challenge. If you gonna design these kind of clothes at least use Jane Birkin as your muse and not you know ... Kaia Gerber.

Designers need to realize a knockoff without the history, the allure, the timeless appeal will never be desirable as the real Chanel. If you can't afford with the current Chanel prices go vintage.

This is almost like the Vetements schtick lmfao. Plain boring baseline clothes but at an even higher, astronomical price point. Not even any interesting styling proposals. How many people are really wealthy enough to purchase this stuff for their regular clothes??

Watching this made me feel like seeing Vogue Paris eds coming to life and I only thought about the fact that Emmanuelle needs to go!

The collection is boring and expected but once i accepted that Hedi is not the genius designer we all believed he was, I actually liked some pieces. The coats, the tailoring, the jeans and the bags were good actually... So good that it can make go to the store to see them upclose.

But I must say, the fragrance PARADE ( by Hedi at Celine) is much more desirable than this parade of a collection...

I feel like expecting something revolutionary and outstanding from Hedi at this point is counterintuitive and reductive. We already know what his Celine is about—higher quality take of basic, boring pieces. Almost everything is just wearable, tailoring is superb. Each season a further iteration of the previous one. The collection is boring but I really could see a case or a room for this kind of proposition.

how the mighty have fallen
you just don’t understand the exquisite tailoring of the grey hoodie. Will you look stupid wearing this? of course, but does it matter if you know you ~invested~ your money wisely in supreme quality and ‘timeless classics’ and not trendy at all items like jeans with holes, this top or a jacket with ‘A POEM’ written on the back? no. Forget about appearances, smart shopping, y’know..

Maybe that's why I liked this collection...perhaps this was ghost styled by our favorite voguettes lol I mean you can see all the vogue girls in here

The looks could be edited down more but I enjoyed the styling and the atmosphere. The clothes are fairly accessible too, obviously to satisfy LVMH's demand for numbers. The new strategy seems to be working since the new collections are selling much better.

We can forget about new or revolutionary designs from Celine, commercial success is the end goals here and they've made that very clear.

Watching this made me feel like seeing Vogue Paris eds coming to life and I only thought about the fact that Emmanuelle needs to go!

I don’t understand some comments from some of you all...
I see the name LVMH throw around...Almost there to justify the limits of Hedi.
Hedi is limited and it’s sad that he is just a very commercial designer. We got to accept it.
It has nothing to do with LVMH and sales...

Vuitton, Loewe and Fendi (before Kim Jones) were all the top brands of LVMH. Yes the sales were made by leather goods and logos but the items that drove the sales were the runway propositions...That were far from being obviously commercial and there was a clientele for this.

What I think is sad with Hedi is that for someone who started designing Womenswear 9 years ago, I feel like I’ve seen his limits 5 years ago. It’s just stuck!

He is a great tailor and he got this thing for attitude but the mediocrity of his work or his lack of imagination has nothing to do with the suits at LVMH.

If one thing people at LVMH are guilty of is to have let Haider go.

Also (this goes for everyone not just Celine lol) what is with the evolution and fetishizing of the runway walk?? Like this could more interesting if it created somewhat of a fantasy of a person in the space of Maincy. But like the flop idea of this "fierce" walk in a French commune gives off such try-hard vibes it's laughable. It took me a while to pinpoint and notice but it's in like everybody's presentations it's becoming redundant. The models don't work and sell the clothes like they used to. Unless the intention rele is to sell a wannabe sterile catwalk moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuslimHearts
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"