Chanel 2.55 Classic Flap Bag

Boots & Perfume, sorry to hear that, i felt distraught too when i read yr message. How did it get stolen? I hope it's not being snatch from you, are you physically ok?
***HUGGIES***

Oh Donhay, that is really sweet, thank you. :winkiss:

Yes, physically ok (though feel physically sick). I was sitting on a couch in a wine bar with a group of friends and had tucked it safely under my feet, covered by a shopping bad. When I looked down 10 minutes later, it had been taken without a single one of us seeing. I'm planning on saving for a new one, but it will never quite be the same.

Can someone please tell me what's the name and size of the model Vanessa is wearing. The strap seems longer than the usual flaps???

Pic from justjared.com

vanessa-hudgens-chanel-classic-flap-bag-small-255.jpg

If I had dark skin I'd buy one with colour like the yellow or blue one. For me, I like the black (medium) one. I think my skin would look paler, especially with the yellow.

From now on, I'll save every cent for this bag ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the medium classic flap can be worn across the body??? anyone would have modeling pics? :flower::woot:

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the medium classic flap can be worn across the body??? anyone would have modeling pics? :flower::woot:

Good question, I'd also like to see a nice picture! I guess it will look like this?
alexa-chung-chanel-classic-flap-pink.jpg

credit: handbagdujour.com

Boots & Perfume - that's horrible. Hope you weren't hurt!

Kimkhuu, yes that's the classic 2.55 flap (in the medium or large). I had the same one - you can either double the strap so it sits under the arm, or wear it single-stranded so it hangs on the hip.

It would technically fit, but unless you're really tiny and flat-chested, it would look a bit short and awkward (believe me, I tried). To be honest it looks much better just worn over the shoulder so it sits on the hip :flower:

I'm completely distraught - I had my treasured Chanel stolen the other night :cry:

Can anyone tell me how much the large classic caviar 2.55 retails for now? I need to put myself on a serious spending diet so that I can replace it as soon as i'm able.

Thanks in advance :flower:

oh i am so sorry. i'll be more careful if i ever go to a bar or restaurant.

caviar now cost about 3K...but the quality is not as good as before...may be you can check out ebay??

I completely missed the posts about the stolen bag. I'm so sorry Boots & Perfume. People suck!

Thanks underage and junepig. :flower:

Wow, it must have gone up a lot then (I bought it 4 years ago and it was about $2k for the large. How is the quality worse? That's not good to hear. Maybe I will scour ebay...

The Chanel 2.55 is the classic medium.

The 227 is the larger size.

The classic medium caviar flap is about $3400 with taxes right now, in Canada atleast. I got one a few weeks ago :smile:

Here are some of my flaps....Small lambskin with gold h/w, medium caviar with silver hardware and large metallic reissue with gunmetal hardware

DSC02669.JPG

These bad boys retail about $3000-$4000 with taxes.

Oh and in terms of issues with quality, the metallic reissue is the worst quality bag. The dye comes right off and costs a couple hundred to get redyed and it has to be sent to paris for weeks.

The caviar and older lambskin bags are excellent quality.

^^
love your bags. I have a black metallic wallet on a chain and I'm hoping it lasts -- so far so good, but I haven't worn it much. Too bad the metallic doesn't last better it is to die for!

There've been a lot of issues with broken straps, loose stitches, more wear and tear than usual etc. Same goes for lambskin lately

Oh that's terrible to hear. Thanks for letting me know though. I have been looking on ebay, but i'm paranoid of buying a fake and the best ones are no cheaper than in store really. I'm thinking of getting one in a couple of months when I go to the US so that I can at least claim the taxes back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->