Chanel 2007-2008 New Bags

The smaller Classic Limited Edition is 995 USD as per the Chanel SA. It is thinner and longer than the Classic but you cannot double up the strap.

- Lena

I'm not so crazy about that HUGE logo...it looks kinda tacky. I think the classic ones with smaller CC are better investments. The limited edition is just a marketing strategy to get people to buy things they normally would consider twice about getting it.

Foxie-Pooh said:
I'm not so crazy about that HUGE logo...it looks kinda tacky. I think the classic ones with smaller CC are better investments. The limited edition is just a marketing strategy to get people to buy things they normally would consider twice about getting it.

Yea....just like those Paddingtons :innocent:
but I really do like this new bag though, it looks younger than the old classic ones

I like it with the big silver CC logo. Not that size bag though, its a bit too small, but it looks cute.^_^

Did not realise that they were the new version of the Chanel 2.55. Thought they were new style bags for the new season. Paris had many of the flat, big CC logo bags when I was there in February. The SA's did not mention that they were Limited Editions.

Also, for Chanel London, I was informed that the Limited Edition waitlist, which was closed many months before, was for the "London Red" or orangey red one produced to commemorate Chanel's 50th birthday.

Hmmmm...maybe there are several Limited Edition bags this season. The new bigger flat logos are younger. There are bags where these logos are located diagonally across the bag too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read your post again ,serenade.... Think the small white bag in the picture may not be a 2.55. But it is definitely a new quilted style bag. It's shape is less rigid than the 2.55. The bottom of the bag curves upwards whereas the 2.55 is straight across.

The black caviar with silver hardware is a 2.55.

Foxie-Pooh said:
Exactly. This is really, really logo wh*re. In my opinion, wearing logo's this size is just SCREAMING for attention and 'look, I can afford Chanel'.
Watch the sick amounts of fakes coming out later and everyone will be hating this bag :rolleyes:

Normally I'm not a big logo person either....
but I'm just really attracted to this bag !!

anyone know what colors it comes in?
I ordered one that's "light green", though I'm not so sure what the color looks like
But I'd love to know what other colors there are....
thanks

My dream bag is now in my arms!!!

I would like to show off what I got for my 23rd Birthday!!!! : )
I am sooo happy!!! : ) It is the Classic 2.55 White Chanel Caviar Bag with Silver Hardware.

Attachments

• chanel bag 1.JPG
    chanel bag 1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 234
  • chanel bag 2.JPG
    chanel bag 2.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you pucci!! : ) I am indeed a lucky girl, and I count my lucky stars!

closer pic

The pics I took myself kind of suck, so here are some closer pics of the bag, I got this pic from eBay a long time ago, that's how obsessed I have been over this bag! It's been so many years!!!! :P

Attachments

• chanel white purse.jpg
    chanel white purse.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 134
Approximately how much would a small 2.55 with caviar leather and silver hardware cost?

POTC_ROXS said:
Approximately how much would a small 2.55 with caviar leather and silver hardware cost?

I know the 2.55 bag in white caviar is $1475 plus tax
Sometimes the tweeds are a little more expensive, like the new 2005 pink tweed one..is around $1525 plus tax.

hope this helps!

candicec

POTC_ROXS said:
what sizes does the 2.55 come in?

don't know the measurements, but it comes in small, medium (which is the classic size) and jumbo.

has anybody seen the tweed pouch bag with the silver handle? any thoughts?

candicec said:
The pics I took myself kind of suck, so here are some closer pics of the bag, I got this pic from eBay a long time ago, that's how obsessed I have been over this bag! It's been so many years!!!! :P

gorgeous! congratulations and happy birthday!

meeyowsa said:
has anybody seen the tweed pouch bag with the silver handle? any thoughts?

I've seen it in the black tweed. It's a soft, fabric sac with no rigid base or frame. Was informed by the SA that it would not be an "easy" bag to use as it does not look good on everyone. Unike the 2.55.

Personally I like it. But the cost made it less attractive. Also it did not exhibit any of the unique Chanel characteristics or workmanship. Without the Chanel stamp of endorsement, it would have simply been a tweed sac with a metal handle and logo charm. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->