Chanel F/W 10.11 : Abbey Lee Kershaw and Freja Beha Erichsen by Karl Lagerfeld

Snapped by me from Harper's Bazaar August UK - looks really busy IRL. I prefer the shots I posted from ELLE by a mile.

Am I the only one having a problem with New York? I know we live in a globalized world... but still, to me, Chanel is meant to show the elegance of french woman, so i don't get why in new york.

Second: The background outshines the clothes and it's just such a pity (though after a good look at the collection i'm not really sure of that...). It definitely is too busy.

But the Abbey/Freja shoot looks amazing, i specially like the way abbey's hair gets mixed up with the fur.

Aaand, here's a third set of snaps by me, this time from Vogue UK August 2010. I find it really interesting how Chanel has published a different set of ads for all 3 main UK fashion magazines, while others, like Dior, publish the exact same ad. I prefer Chanel's approach! :heart:

ugh now here comes the yetisuits. this ad is such a headache. bad location, bad collection. this does have the urbancity vibe of Daria's ads, only in this case the models look like homeless people :rolleyes:

Mesdemoiselles Messieurs, here is a FAIL. u__u

On the brighter side, oh!! a male in a Chanel ad who is not Baptist Giabiconi!!
Thanks Karl *sigh*.

How I love this. Can't put it into words as to why....perhaps that it has been refreshing to see the fearless quality of Karl's work the last year or so.

The reflexive flack everyone is giving him is a bit sad. I mean, I'm not involved in the work process here so I don't know who can be credited. But this is beautiful, edgy, weird, the perfect insane setting for the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this campaign couldn't get any worse. Apparently those two new shots have proven me wrong.

OMG, that's so bad, I had hopes for it, but it's incredibly bad (and collection is bad as well) Only first shot posted in the thread is kind of OK. They need to change photographer. Please, Karl. Chanel deserves more. And I doubt photographer change will happen, that's annoying seeing Freja again & again, and now Abbey Lee joins her. Next season I'm expecting same faces, maybe adding Claudia.

I've noticed Karl is interested in Natasha Poly last time, I hope she will get the next season's campaign, she suits Chanel more than Freja, and if she will, there's a big chance that Karl will ruin it.

^Natasha Poly and Chanel....eh...ok. She is very Gucci/Cavalli/Versace. Anything Gisele has done, Poly could do as well.

Poly for Chanel would never work. Snejana on the other hand...:brows:

I'm still amazed of how human they've made Abbey look. She almost looks pretty in some of the shots. Amazing what buckets of makeup and vast amounts of photoshop can do. Hell, Freja looks pretty too!

OMG This is probably the BEST Chanel campaign I've ever seen
It's so cool,the yeti costume adds a touch of stupidity to the whole ad :lol: but it's so cute,I would wear it :rofl:

gosh, thats quite a talent to make Brad look ridiculous.

Well Natasha seems to be getting back into Karl's good books :shifty:. Regardless of not being a typical Chanel girl.
I wouldn't even call Abbey a Chanel girl, but she certainly pulls the aesthetic off.

Back on topic.. Personally I love the new ads, Abbey looks beautiful. The yeti suit sure does fit too.
I'd even say this is my favourite Chanel campaign, since Freja's FW0708 ads. Can't wait to see more.

^ Wow. I love that shot! The only shots I like are the fire escape ones.
Thanks for posting! :flower:

^I like this shot, i think is the best of all the campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->