Chanel F/W 10.11 : Abbey Lee Kershaw and Freja Beha Erichsen by Karl Lagerfeld

The first one with Abbey is fail for me. The stairs and the shadow overpower the image too much.

The other two images are better, especially the one with the two of them. It's a very striking photograph.

For literally one of the worst collections of all time, this isn't so bad. I actually have to say that I think the first photo with Abbey on the fire escapes is really beautiful. I'm not so crazy about the other shots, but that's partially because the clothes are revolting.

Karl should quit designing and photographing.
It's imposible to make a good campaign with hideous clothes.

Really, Karl? I just don't get it. I would love the set at Berlin zoo and models with little polar bear.:smile: But, at least, the models choice was so right!

The first shot threw me a little b/c it doesn't feel very Chanel, but I love the one with Freja on the rooftop; it actually showcases the coat quite beautifully and the setting doesn't take center stage.

The second shot is much better, the inspiration is comes from New York? anyway, the clothes is amazing...

The second shot is amazing, and Freja's first shot is also amazing.
That is not so bad, I like this campaign!

What an extraordinarily boring campaign for a collection that was supposed to give punches on so many different levels.

I'm taken aback. I thought Karl's photography has improved since the phenomenal Fendi ads but no.. :unsure: It appears like the kaiser may be an expert in whichever field but photography simply isn't one of them.

Freja + Abbey is interesting duo, but they can't make the clothes more affordable. The shots are boring, but the second one is quite nice.

1st with abbey is the best. too much of freja, which soesn't bring anything. abbey is more classy than she've never been

I don't know really what to think about these, I'm not helplessly in love with everything karl photographs.

Absolutely awful ads! But then again, the collection itself was horrible.
And why Karl can't move beyond casting Freja for Chanel ads is beyond me.

That shot is ugly indeed. I hate the angle from which the photo was taken, the set outshines the model absolutely and I don’t like where the logo was placed. Anyway I do love the background and I think this is going to be quite good as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
They must have gone through quite a process in getting Abbey to not look like a homeless **** addict.

Chanel is such a joke these days. Karl has totally driven the house into never-ending tackiness. The ads are alright for such a sh!tty collection, but even if they were groundbreaking I'd still find it hard to take Chanel seriously.

And why Karl can't move beyond casting Freja for Chanel ads is beyond me.
He does tend to do that, get stuck on one model (or a couple of models) and reuse them repeatedly for any number of seasons; he did it with Daria for example. Although I think Freja's run has been even longer :lol:

I actually like both Freja and Abbey for Chanel, I just wish I didn't dislike the campaign (or the collection it's for) quite so much :innocent:

The first shot of Abbey on the balcony is purely horrendous. The stairs and the shadow cause such an annoyance that you can barely even notice Abbey. She just meshes with the background. The next two shots are absolutely beautiful. Especially the duo one. The glance Freja is giving is just stunning and the styling looks perfect there. I think I'm going to fully love this campaign knowing that it has this very urban/city imagery ala his 05/06 campaigns with Daria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->