Chanel Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

I don't like the sheer/nude pieces. They look incredibly skanky for Chanel HC, and the first one is something I can imagine J-Lo wearing.

good god, the intro is ATROCIOUS! too 80s/90s for its own good. (unless you're into that stuff :lol:) starts to pick up with the white wool suit. immediately takes a nosedive with those hats. (he loved them in the 90s. ugh.)

then it's a rollercoaster.

from my POV, the simpler pieces truly shine. the nude pieces with the draping are gorgeous. those dresses with that shimmery cocktail umbrellas on look like Pinatas.

the 4th look, that coat, is made of :sick:

and, leopard print with embroidered stockings?
unless you're Fran Fine.

Agree 100%

Chanel works best when its kept simple and classic.

The naked dresses are probably the best thing karl has done in a long time. I hope to see some starlets rocking them, but I doubt any will be brave enough.

Aside from the eighties shoulders (a few seasons too late), the collection is great.

I adore nearly this whole collection. It's just beautiful. Every piece really does just seem like a work of art, which is what haute couture should be in my opinion. I love it.

let's face it: couture is karl's playground. he's the teacher and everyone else is just throwing sand around. there's no one who cuts a meaner suit for women than karl lagerfeld and this collection is no different. however, the bloom's off the rose for the eveningwear this year. while i'm sure some starlet could make it look amazing with major jewelry on the red carpet, it did not have the wow factor.

the most impressive looks seemed like they got lifted from the latest balenciaga collection. i mean...

00530h-1--2009.07.08.01.46.45.33422_base.jpg
00010m.jpg

style.it; style.com

and, honestly, i know at least one other designer that would've gotten beat up if they put this eighties-redux jacket on their catwalk -- although i'm sure he would've made it fresh with sparkly sandals and destroyed denim.

00200h-2--2009.07.08.01.59.49.325926_base.jpg

style.it

not very coherent but i loe it anyway , well exept peacock dress

love the last part of the collection, very impressive, just incredibly amazing!!

OMG!! I love this collection so much!! gowns on Sasha, Abbey and Lara are straight from dream!
I always loved Chanel collections but it always took time to sink in but this is first time that i am so excited about Chanel right after seeing the whole collection!!
I can't wait to see the video and HQ images!!!

omg I love it :heart: Karl never disappoints!
waiting for the HQs

I really love it!! There are some beautiful pieces though there are also something pretty much boring. I'm being objective, but I think this collection is a success. :smile:

i have mixed feelings...nothing really groundbreaking and i hated the patterned stockings!

OMG,Karl used great song!!!!Looooooooove him :heart:

heu the music is Michel Gaubert gift ...
not Karl ...

anyway I don't know what to think of this ... it's so so ... nothing made me faint ...
and a Couture collection with more than 25 looks is always a no no to me !
:ninja:

Chanel doesn't seem to know recession, they still show in le grand palais ... their set is always soooooo mirror-thinking. i don't understand why there's Numéro 5 there. No anniversary - except the new Chanel ad with Tautou (that Karl seems to hate !) ... :huh:

I don't understand why there's a Balmainish look ... :unsure:
I feel a Muglerish inspiration for the hats ...

Though there are always some common points btw each 3-4 looks, I cannot follow the the coherence ...

The thing is not contained in one line (???) ...

I'm quite speechless about all of this. The shapes are very Chanel, but the colours are quite unusual for Karl.
I really like this! I can't see the link between the No.5 Bottle and the clothes though..

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is a real couture! :woot: Everything is beyond gorgeus, starting from the clothes and ending on the set and lightning :wub: Can´t wait to see the video!

YUCK. 90% of this collection is absolutely hideous. It looks so outdated. And those embroideries look cheap, especially on the colored pieces.

Everything about this is wrong to me. The silhouette is so kistch. I hate this collection with a passion; am I the only one?!

^^your not alone, i'm with you but i got too bored after looking at the colection to write anything of my own so i'll share with you:flower:B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->