Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2006.07 Paris

This has to be the most interesting Chanel show for quite a while... I really like some of it.

more from Yahoo
capt.9c7805ca25924e93819c2c026b802b3a.france_fashion_meu107.jpg
capt.cb7d05aeccbd40909902af4795575f01.france_fashion_meu101.jpg
capt.ff741aceb0c3473ea0fcdedd0a164654.france_fashion_meu102.jpg
capt.a0f866b8f772441f92f2387aa6884932.france_fashion_meu105.jpg

i was just thinking about the idea of mixing Chanel couture pieces with denim recently and here is this collection. wow

Last edited by a moderator:
r310622663.jpg

yahoo

i love this show.

the red coat:crush:
Karl lost weight? and then his nice designs are back?!:woot:
I really like this. the first feather look reminds me his FW05 rtw dresses with similar patterns but more embroidery and more volume. The boots are awesome (hopefully they make simpler versions in rtw). The only thing I hate are the denims :yuk:
In my mind, Chanel should never be associated with denims :cry:

i love some of the dresses...very pretty
i adore the thigh high boots..again
love the make up

edit: i hate the demin in this collection...on the arms? arm warmer? ugh
this is the best chanel couture collection i seen in a while
the last couple were pretty boring..this is much more interesting..in the details and the cut and the styling
but no demin

When I saw the boots, it made me think of "The Devil Wears Prada" the whole, "are you wearing THE chanel boots" thing..Anyways, I like the boots and this whole collection.Can't wait to see the details and stuff on style.com.

I think it's a great idea for Karl Lagerfeld to try using denim for Chanel but it shouldn't have been for a COUTURE collection. I've probably become a purist all of a sudden but I've been expecting a lot of beautiful tailoring, heavy use of very simple but glamorous fabrics such as white satin and cream-coloured silk and elaborate draping - mainly to create an ethereal, out-of-this-world mood that will take those who see the collection to a fantasy world of beauty and glamour. Unfortunately, the denim in this collection just spoils the whole mood.

I'm really not digging the denim... that's out of principle a fabric that is to be avoided in couture.

dis experiment wif denim is a total failure...in my view
is he trying to proof haute couture is wearable even going for a sunday brunch???huh???

Mr-Dale said:
I'm really not digging the denim... that's out of principle a fabric that is to be avoided in couture.
i think denim is cool in couture. i've always liked this denim coat from Dior S/S 02 HC.
100055609.jpg

style.com

dont really like the denim, but I do like this collection- its seems so different to all the others: is it me, or is there less of that classic tweed which is quintessential chanel?

couture is all about craftmanship, fabrication, beadings,etc.....So denim is being used here, what's the big issue? Are you the founder of couture? lighten up people.....fashion evolve. and i'll love to see more of that.

Oophs........... and i love this collection, embrace you always, karl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->