Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2006.07 Paris

The denim makes it seem like he's trying to make the Chanel label looks youthful and hip...but it just looks silly. There's nothing wrong with just being sophisticated.

00130f.jpg
00240f.jpg

00170f.jpg
00140f.jpg

00280f.jpg
00290f.jpg

Vogue.co.uk

j´adore dior said:
i love the sleeves and the silhouettes.
(getty images).

wow where can I get that hair dud! Like now!

Once again...Karl pulls through. I for one like many of the looks in which Karl mixed in denims, but I believe they have no place in a Chanel, let alone couture collection. Not that it isn't visually pleasing, but it makes so many of the looks apear so casual, much like streetwear.

i like this. i love the embellishment, especially on the navy dress Stam is wearing :heart: that is one of my favorites...

...as for the denim, it's unnecessary. apparently an attempt at youth, but most of the dresses alone can be worn by young and old alike.
...and it's not like anybody is actually going to wear their Chanel Haute Coutre dress with jeans, so there's nothing to worry about :wink:

I LOVE THIS COLLECTION even though the denim is a little to much for couture...its an amazing twist. im loving all the shapes and materials used!

this collection is amazing.

he stays true to the same ideas every season, but for some reason this season there are a lot of new or more interesting things

He overdid it on some pieces, it made them look fugly,
Although, some pieces too are very very nice and unique, and deserved to be worn for its wearability.

But seriously, I can't say that I like this one.

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can anyone else see Sienna in one of those pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
I like some of it, but unfortunately I hate most of what I'm seeing.

A lot of it looks like rehashed 80's cocktail dresses reminicent of the hideous fall rtw collection, just this time paired with denim hooker boots...which do not help at all.

There are some beautiful pieces, mainly the very simple ones like that tan, fur trimmed skirt suit, the red coat and the broze trimmed black shift. Other then that it's basically a bunch of older Chanel collections with icky embroidery and even more icky boots.

I swear, Karl just does not know when to hold back with the ornamentation, does he? Last season it was fluffy flower buds, this season gaudy Byzantine gems...save it for the cuff bracelets.

I will say this however, he is trying something new with this collection, and for the last few years the couture has stuck to the same nauseatingly sweet and frou frou recipe, so it is refreshing in a sense.

I don't think the denim is an attempt at youth, Karl's no cultural anthropologist. The denim is an attempt at money. While mommy's getting fitted in her Chanel rags, now the daughter can have couture handstitched denim that she can wear out and about. Interestingly enough, he treated it as just another material, redoing the pant/boot/all-in-ones that he did in leather a few couture seasons ago. Chanel's couture is doing well enough that Karl can afford to have a sense of humor...

im liking some of this, but those jeans...they kill the look for me :ninja:

Some of them do look more for youths--I agree with the person that says it looks a bit like streetwear/casual wear.

Interesting to see some of the pieces this way

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->