Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2006.07 Paris

To me, it's yet another sign that Chanel is trying to get their hands on the young generation, literally the "Bergdorf Blondes" from the book. I mean, it doesn't get more obvious. They started a few seasons ago to sell clothes that would look a lil' ridiculous on women who are 45+ (although you can still look like Fiyah with 40. Anyone seen the Playboy spread with Stacey Dash? DANG! She's 40 and looks better than some 20 year old!)

Another sign'd be that they asked to dress the Andy-Character from The Devil Wears Prada, she herself being a recent college graduate. Everyone's gonna neglect the older generation and design clothes for people who are younger than 35. (LoL, talkin' bout youth obsessed fashion industry.)

the whole denim thing is disgusting - its not even nice denim!! i mean, come on its meant to be couture!

however there are some stunning pieces in the collection if you strip away the denim:

00330f.jpg

00360f.jpg

00430f.jpg

00600f.jpg

noooo! why denim! argh! It makes it look more...tacky. without the demin the whole thing would have been fantastic.

flameboy said:
the whole denim thing is disgusting - its not even nice denim!! i mean, come on its meant to be couture!

however there are some stunning pieces in the collection if you strip away the denim:

00330f.jpg

00360f.jpg

00430f.jpg

00600f.jpg

images from vogue.co.uk

this collection would be magnificent...without the denim. IMO, the denim really scales down the brilliance of it all.

edit: does anyone know if the video is out yet? maybe watching it will change my views.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love it. take away the denim and some people will say it's same old boring chanel. at least this is a unique mix. i think of it as part of the theatrics. the details are exquisite! i must say some of it's a bit reminiscent of vintage saint laurent. still gorgeous though!

likekekeke itt

as it has been...
this collection is also great
well many of those have been coorninated with jeans
and some people complain about that
but we don but jeans attached to the dresses
haha
i guess those clothes would look much eye-pooping as in individual garments...~~!!:blink: :D

flameboy said:
video isnt out yet on the fashion websites nor on chanel.com

- you can catch some of the show on this link but trust me it doesn't make the denim any better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1AgK6IKmIs&search=chanel

thanks for that link!:flower:
i really love the dresses, and thought they would look even nicer presented with demin......i was wrong, it looks kinda interesting on the pics, but certainly not live....

I like the denim. I think it shows that Chanel is doing something new while still staying a classic brand. The denim to me makes this collection actually interesting because if it weren't for the denim, this would look like any other basically boring Chanel collection( I love the other collections because they are classic but they are still boring) and I probably would have not even bothered looking at it. Almost everyone seems to be so "stuffy", just because Karl used denim in a couture collection doesn't mean the whole couture establishment is going to fall apart. He's probably trying to not make fashion so serious which with some of you he seems to have achieved the opposite affect...

simply put..i love chanel. every season it has never failed to be distinctive and to LOOK "chanel"

Chanel Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2006

Chanel Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2006
from Oriental Daily 11 July 2006
[Scanned by tortoisie]

really cool collection...one of the taupe-y dresses reminded me of the Chanel HC dress that Uma Thurman wore to the oscars in 99, i think. it had an indian look, as do the jewels in the hair in this collection. jewelry worn in the part of the hair has been common in india for centuries! karl prob got some inspiration there:wink: some of the detailing and ornamentation has that kind of feel too, and i like the contrast of the jewels with the thicker matte fabric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annhedonia Beretta
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->