Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2006.07 Paris

JR1 said:
im liking some of this, but those jeans...they kill the look for me :ninja:

Second that
:blink: jeans?? he destroy it all! there are a few really nice pieces but denim doesn´t look good. I´m surprised:shock:

Oh like the hair!

birdofparadise said:
I don't think the denim is an attempt at youth,

now the daughter can have couture handstitched denim that she can wear out and about.

Wouldn't that mean he is in fact making an attempt at youth if he's trying to appeal to a younger market?

I like the humour in all of this but I'd rather have a couture collection to be amazed by rather rather than one to laugh at.

Without the ugly denim, some pieces look just incredible. I understand Karl wanted to make couture fresher and younger, but he shouldn't do it in this way... this collection looks really stupid :ninja:

Mutterlein said:
Wouldn't that mean he is in fact making an attempt at youth if he's trying to appeal to a younger market?

I like the humour in all of this but I'd rather have a couture collection to be amazed by rather rather than one to laugh at.

:D The Kaiser always speaks of the benefit of keeping an open mind as a designer. The clothes are still efficient and sophisticated and speak to grown women with committments to their lives, their age, their strengths and passions. The denim accessories do not dilute the power of those clothes or confuse the intentions of the collection. So again, in my humble opinion, it ain't just about the kiddies. I would imagine the appeal of Chanel to a younger audience lies in the fact that it really doesn't try to woo them. It's more about style and femininity and an uber high price point and those are attractive for reasons all their own.:flower:

(The approach toward the denim was smarter than I thought. The detail shots reveal a kind of make-do humor with them. The denim 'legs' are actually tucked/stitched into court shoes.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with most of you. Denim destroys the most of outfits in this collection... I still adore some pieces :heart:

The denim doesen't bother me that much. I mean it doesen't belong to couture but it doesen't ruin the show for me. Many of the pieces are really nice and it's kind of new for Chanel not sticking to the old boucle fabrics and some dresses. I like it a lot, but it still misses the mark a little pit maybe next time if he continues on the same path it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to wear these ones... WITHOUT denim, of course !

00450f.jpg

00480f.jpg

00490f.jpg

[vogue.co.uk]

i think its wonderful, and im diggin the denim. who says denim cant be couture? it can be treated, tested, twisted, dyed, and experimented with, just as any other couture fabric, and its NOT so easy to work with.. if i could afford it i would love to get some couture jeans in my wardrobe

The last dress in post 109 looks rather good with black jeans underneath.

I like the "couture denim", I just question if this was the right season or show to release them. The collection was too weak as was. :( With a different collection, probably one with more color, like S/S 06, the denim would be just fine I think.

This has to be one of my favorite couture collections from him ever. I love it:flower:

I have to say our opinions differ a LOT, which is a really good thing. Personally, i think the styling could be more efficient if he didn't combine gowns with denim but than again these items are easily sepererable on the clothing rail. Personally i find his non-denim pieces gorgeous - rich and shapely, just superb. What a nice change from the previous seasons. :wink:

I´m not mesmerized by whole collection, but I find a number of outfits beautiful. Although denim is ugliness in this case, but if it´s done right and fits in I´m sure that denim can be used in Haute Couture felicitously(although, i think I prefer it without denim).

I quite like this collection. I wasn't very fond of his last one which seemed like all the clothes were the same. I like the denim and I don't think it ruins any of the appeal of the clothes. I love all of the embellishment techniques used and I think the hair and make up is spot on. Couldn't help but notice Karl revived this jacket and skirt (which he turned into a dress) from 1950s Gabrielle Chanel
www.vogue.com

i really love this collection esp. the boots and the ones with the crystals!

what's up with the jeans?? other than that this is a very nice collection from karl. i was positively surprised. and i love the short hemline.

Okay, start the bets... which teenage Hollywood girl will show up with a piece of this collection first? I'd go for Misha Barton. Second guess? Nicole Ritchie or L.Lo.

If Paris dons that.... *dang*

This is a lovely collection..I would wear almost every piece (that's if I had the dosh)..Love that 2nd dress in post #109..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->