Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2006.07 Paris

^ me too, that's my favorite dress out of the collection along with that long black one

Street_a_Licious said:
Okay, start the bets... which teenage Hollywood girl will show up with a piece of this collection first? I'd go for Misha Barton. Second guess? Nicole Ritchie or L.Lo.

If Paris dons that.... *dang*

Mischa and/or L Lo have my complete permission...Paris should be shot on site if she ever wears Chanel... :innocent:

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg
style.com

i actually like the collection too, i think the denim spices it up a bit. if you look at the pieces and mentally erase the denim i believe the pieces are beautiful on their own. the denim just adds something to it. for better or for worse. if nothing else, karl's got us talking about the collection. it's definitely interesting! :flower:

I love many of the dresses and some of the jackets, but the denim.... not loving that so much. The really dark or black denim looked ok, but the blue stuff did not.

I really like this collection as a whole, and i really love a few pieces, however, i think that he may have gone a bit far with some of the jewlery and flowers... almost making a FEW of the dresses look sort of tacky. Like, for example, those large circular pins which some of the models are wearing are kind of obnoxious. A few items i do really like are the very detailed silver coat, the black dress w/ buttons on each each side up the front, and the black dress with all of the small pins all over it.

Oh and the jean... I would have liked it if there were more of it in the clothes rather than just on the arms and legs.

I really wanted to love this collection. The first pictures looked promising, and then I saw the rest of the collection. I love the hair and make-up. I like most of the clothes especially the short, embellished dresses. I even like how with some of the peices the demin juxtaposes the volume and embellishment of the peices. The all black outfits are gorgeous. And the bride looks amazing, I love that dress!

However, I hate the suits with demin, the arm warmer things, the lighter demin that was used, and the demin boots. :sick: The denim boots were a major disappointment after last season's gorgeous flat, leather boots.

Lauren-W said:
Couldn't help but notice Karl revived this jacket and skirt (which he turned into a dress) from 1950s Gabrielle Chanel
That suit looks horrible with the arm warmers and the boots. :yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pastry said:
the denim is ugly..

Dont you mean, fugly?

And I think he did it on purpose so he gets copied to no end by 15 y/o girls and that way he can take the credit.

The rest of the stuff is good ... esp. like the jewelry (headpieces?).

coutoure.jpg

a collage I made for my blog (from style.com pictures) feel free to use it :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boomer said:
Mischa and/or L Lo have my complete permission...Paris should be shot on site if she ever wears Chanel... :innocent:

:lol: my thoughts exactly! however, i'd rather see keira, natalie and the "older" generation such as nicole and cate in dresses from this collection. they match chanel's sensibility and not just wear them like mannequins. mischa is a pretty girl and statuesque but i feel like she wears clothes without much thought (sort of pretty dresses for night, edgy for day). it's effortless in its lamest sense. and lindsay, of course she'll wear chanel but i'm too tired to even comment on that:huh:

I think the use of denim was a good idea for Karl - he distinguished himself from other designers ie the norm, and made a design that was very hard to pull off - which to be honest isnt what most couture is? it also makes the collection very hard to like straight off which in my opinion is good for chanel. the brand could very easliy become too mainstream (LV speedy anyone?) because of the last few years moer mainstream success and i think all the little girls out there who 'love their chanel hand bag' will not be able to copy this look straight off the runway. or we should hope not as LA will be one interesting place in 6 months time.....

i loved the entire collection, however, i wish the clothes looked more high quality. the edges of the fabrics on some of the outfits arn't finished off and it doesn't look professional. i saw julia dunstall's look close up and the edges of the fabric look frayed and almost cheap because they fabric is stiff and starched.

when is the Chanel video on the website I have to see it soon !!!
well I will check it again ..i ''ll hear soon just like at Dior

I really love this, and it seems so wearable too. If only his rtw collections were more like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->