Chloe 'Silverado' Bag

Bergdorf has the medium and large natural python bags on their site this morning....

Personally I really don't like the natural python bag - the print makes me gag! Sorry for those who has it and for those who likes it.

I really like the first batch of the silverado bags, the old brown color is the best color (for me)! But unfortunately, I wasn't able to get one. I was like a looney calling every chloe boutique store in the chloe site.

I called the London boutique and had my name placed on the waiting list ( hopefully i'll get one) and Glamcouture, thank you for the information you posted I called Chloe in Bahrain and had my name listed also. Lina sure is nice.

Meowmix, you seem to be knowledgeable on every "IT" bag of the season, you are one lucky girl. Can i be your new bestfriend? LOL^_^ :heart:

New Fall Colours!!!

Ok ladies...time to consider the next purchase from the Fall collection of Silverados.. (Oh dear, and I haven't even gotten my current one... :blush: :lol: :(

PYTHON-SKIN
Indigo blue :crush:
(Dark) Brown
Yellow
Metallic Bronze
, as per mentioned by handbagbabe earlier in this thread. This will only come in the Large size.

CALF LEATHER
Tan :heart:
Chocolate brown :heart:
Dark, dark grey

Delivery expected in July. :woot:

aw, michieco :kiss: i don't know if knowing about all these bags is truly a good thing or bad thing though :P
i'd imagine that dark browns' gonna be superdark... like the brown python of summer, except without the lighter fade.
the indigo blue sounds lovely, but yellow?! eek!

so . . . I got my medium gold python and I'm very disappointed! the color is actually better than I thought -- more of a coppery gold than a bright yellow gold. however, the color is already peeling off in spots and completely gone in others. I have no clue about the snakeskin dying process, but unlike the brown, it's like the color is just painted on and not at all part of the skin. this could be a fluke due to rough handling of the bag in the store (and returns -- the department store curse), but what doesn't add up is that the leather part of the bag (which is a light leather) is in perfect shape. no imperfections, spots or anything -- nothing to indicate wear. anyway, this baby is going straight back -- I will not even entertain selling it to someone else in this condition. sorry ladies!

baghag21 said:
Ok ladies...time to consider the next purchase from the Fall collection of Silverados.. (Oh dear, and I haven't even gotten my current one... :blush: :lol: :(

PYTHON-SKIN
Indigo blue :crush:
(Dark) Brown
Yellow
Metallic Bronze, as per mentioned by handbagbabe earlier in this thread. This will only come in the Large size.

CALF LEATHER
Tan :heart:
Chocolate brown :heart:
Dark, dark grey

Delivery expected in July. :woot:

Thanks for the info - baghag. I don't mind the Python Dark Brown in meduim. Which store will you recommend me to put my name on the waiting list?

yikes, meeyowsa! i'm sorry to hear that... where did you get it from, neimans? i heard several ppl receive these bags in bad condition from there quite frequently...
but with the gold peeling, that's a concern i had with considering the gold fendi spy too... i'm sure that one is of much better quality, but because it's just not part of the natural coloring i'd be concerned about how it would age...

meeyowsa said:
so . . . I got my medium gold python and I'm very disappointed! the color is actually better than I thought -- more of a coppery gold than a bright yellow gold. however, the color is already peeling off in spots and completely gone in others. I have no clue about the snakeskin dying process, but unlike the brown, it's like the color is just painted on and not at all part of the skin. this could be a fluke due to rough handling of the bag in the store (and returns -- the department store curse), but what doesn't add up is that the leather part of the bag (which is a light leather) is in perfect shape. no imperfections, spots or anything -- nothing to indicate wear. anyway, this baby is going straight back -- I will not even entertain selling it to someone else in this condition. sorry ladies!

Oh! sorry to hear that meeyowsa. I think you should return it immediately.

meowmix said:
yikes, meeyowsa! i'm sorry to hear that... where did you get it from, neimans? i heard several ppl receive these bags in bad condition from there quite frequently...
but with the gold peeling, that's a concern i had with considering the gold fendi spy too... i'm sure that one is of much better quality, but because it's just not part of the natural coloring i'd be concerned about how it would age...

nordstrom actually, which I would think would be better in a way because they're not selling them on their website and I'm sure the store in Cleveland has seen less traffic than the ones in California. thanks for the "condolences" though -- I'm okay:kiss: I got it more because I could and out of curiosity than true desire. I think the Spy looks more "durable" -- it doesn't have that gold leaf painted on finish. I'm just glad I'm getting the silverado in the nice traditional brown leather, otherwise I might be more upset. oh, I'm getting it in the pewter too -- wonder if I should cancel?

klow-chloe' said:
Oh! sorry to hear that meeyowsa. I think you should return it immediately.

no doubt -- I got that baby back in its bag and in the box like it was on fire! I don't like to buy floor items even if they're fine -- I figure, if anyone's going to break it in it had better be me!

the pewter may have the same effect as the gold, though because they're both metallics...be careful with the leather bags, they mark easily... you can usually rub out the scratches though

Flaking...

meeyowsa... Your description of the flaking of the snake-skin was a concern expressed by a good friend who had snake-skin stuff. She did mention that after a while, the flaking does make the skin look weathered and inattractive. :blink:

I've just managed to locate a Gold Medium from Chloe NYC :woot: !!! But with meeyowsa's description of the potential condition it may be in when I get it, I'm not so sure now...oh dear... :unsure: :cry:

handbagbabe, since you have been regularly using the Gold Medium, what is your opinion on this? :blush:

What about the other colours i.e. Brown?

meeyowsa said:
no doubt -- I got that baby back in its bag and in the box like it was on fire! I don't like to buy floor items even if they're fine -- I figure, if anyone's going to break it in it had better be me!

oh my gosh i totally agree!!! i'm very picky like that and i hate it when salespeople give me that "we just put it out" line even though i've seen it siting there forever... or "thats just the way it is". ugh

Btw meeyowsa....thanks for sharing all that info! :flower: Fortunately you preferred the leather one!!!! :P

klow chloe....You can try Chloe NYC. Based on my recent experience with them via the phone, the SA's are very, very helpful and informative!!! Much more so than London and Paris!!!! Chloe Bahrain's Lina was quite helpful too. In Chloe NYC, you can speak to Aveyah or Paula. Paula mentioned that the waitlist was filling up fast, so be quick :wink: !!! Have fun and good luck!!!

Maybe I should get a Brown Medium now.... :unsure: !?!?!?!?!

baghag21 said:
Btw meeyowsa....thanks for sharing all that info! :flower: Fortunately you preferred the leather one!!!! :P

klow chloe....You can try Chloe NYC. Based on my recent experience with them via the phone, the SA's are very, very helpful and informative!!! Much more so than London and Paris!!!! Chloe Bahrain's Lina was quite helpful too. In Chloe NYC, you can speak to Aveyah or Paula. Paula mentioned that the waitlist was filling up fast, so be quick :wink: !!! Have fun and good luck!!!

Maybe I should get a Brown Medium now.... :unsure: !?!?!?!?!

baghag - thanks for the info. :flower: I think you should get one too. Umm! NYC is 14 hours behind hope is not too late for me to put my name down for the brown one.

meowmix said:
or "thats just the way it is". ugh

That one is the worse. As if consistent defects are an excuse for why an expensive bag is seriously maimed. :rolleyes:

MJCouture said:
That one is the worse. As if consistent defects are an excuse for why an expensive bag is seriously maimed. :rolleyes:

what's worse is when the SA acts like it's no big deal and I'm being dramatic. I fully expect rolling of the eyes when I return the gold python -- as if I'm the one with the problem! actually the worst is when they think they can fix it when it's obvious they can't -- like some leather lotion will magically erase a giant gouge or an unravelling stitch -- grr!

meeyowsa said:

I am so sorry to hear about your gold python:cry: . I think your bag is a lemon, period. I have not had that problem with either my medium or small, although I haven't used my small all that much. I tried, in an inconspicuous spot, to really scratch the gold with my fingernail and to try to "peel" or separate the gold from a couple of scales and couldn't inflict any damage. I checked my bag over carefully and there isn't one scale that is flaking, peeling or looking scratched. I can only relate my experience with my bag. It came in pristine condition and has remained beautiful so far. I wish your experience had been better....how disappointing:( !!!

AND they should know it's a problem with the bag...not with you!! If this happened to all gold python bags, they'd be getting returns right and left. They will recognize this is an unusual occurance, that the finish is flawed and put things right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkiZ
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->