Christian Dior 1996-2002 : The John Galliano Early Years

Do they have anything else? Preferably with sound. :lol:

What a shame though. The quality is great. It's my first time seeing the show in full.

Do they have anything else? Preferably with sound. :lol:

What a shame though. The quality is great. It's my first time seeing the show in full.
nothing with sound i'm afraid, and also most of our favourite/obscure shows aren't on there either.

i can get anything here, and of course the rest of videos in the archive: bfccoll-90

yes, unfortunately without sound lmao

i finally managed to get access to bloomsbury fashion archive
Well done!!
We have some crappy quality videos on YT but with proper soundtracks, maybe we can work some magic here and there lol

LVMH should upload those Galliano fashion in HD fashion shows you cant find in internet,
If they forgave him, it could be a way to vindicate themselves by showing his legacy
it would be nice woke up the magic, with miss Grazia Dior is not the same house even you are always looking for something so Dior in every show.

Why would they need to vindicate themselves? Galliano is the only one to blame for everything that happened.
this imaginary narrative people have cooked up that LVMH somehow 'did him dirty' is so f*cking frustrating. he launched a racist, genocidal assault on several people for christ's sake! they covered up years of his bad behaviour. firing him was the only feasible resolution, and they were right to do so.

In the documentary their bosses knew Galliano was a sick man, I saw a picture in wwd where Galliano was on the back of his bodyguard totally drunk with his dreds hanging on the air, it was in the spring 2000 season, that picture dissapeared but I was shocked that time thinking a world designer was in that state so If your worker is sick you dont blame it.

I do think it is a scenario where the egos of LVMH fed into the ego of John for a good while, and vice versa. But at the end of the day, John didn't really do anything to help ultimately control himself (which I think he is very aware of), whereas LVMH put in parameters towards the later 2000s to dial things back. His collections in a way are very reflective of his mental state and... hobbies so to speak.

LVMH could have done more perhaps to help out in some way, although for all we know as well they were doing their darn best to crisis control John that what happened was probably the better of other potential outcomes. The whole outburst is a horrible thing to occur and is on John, but at the same time considering his mental state things also could have been far worse which is hard to imagine despite being entirely possible.

In the documentary their bosses knew Galliano was a sick man, I saw a picture in wwd where Galliano was on the back of his bodyguard totally drunk with his dreds hanging on the air, it was in the spring 2000 season, that picture dissapeared but I was shocked that time thinking a world designer was in that state so If your worker is sick you dont blame it.
Didn't stop them from allowing press backstage at the shows whilst he was absolutely plastered and on it. His first Givenchy show backstage interviews (or one of them) he is just bordering on giggling annihilation from memory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Regelskym
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->