Christian Dior 1996-2002 : The John Galliano Early Years

Terrible photography as expected. Everything is in shadows, random close-ups, lots of space wasted - why knee length outfits couldn't be photographed closer? And where accessories and headpieces are?

Exactly. And for that price? They can keep it.

Was it Sølve Sundsbø who shot the original "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" exhibition book? That was miles better, you can truly appreciate the beauty of the clothes.

nytimes.com & behance.net

€195,00

assouline.com

Terrible photography as expected. Everything is in shadows, random close-ups, lots of space wasted - why knee length outfits couldn't be photographed closer? And where accessories and headpieces are?

They used the same format for all the Serie. It was the same for Bohan and Ferre.

This one is the fifth book. They had enough time to learn their mistakes and get fashion consultant or stylist at least, because Hamani is completely blind, he has no idea what he shooting.
Gem from Christian Dior book. This is "Dovima with elephants" dress. WTF?

diorpress.com

“During his time at Dior, John often visited the museum for inspiration, and over the years we have included so many of his haute couture creations in our exhibits. In fact, if you were to count the number of pieces that we have shown, they would equate to a solo exhibition." - Andrew Bolton

Can we petition for this pls? Post-pandemic, in let's say, 2 years? With the insisting popularity of John's work in today's pop and internet culture, I bet it would attract huge numbers.

Yay! A couple gems from the book

What he tried to impress us with in Murphy's dress? Zipper? Sleve construction that looks like a mess or bum ruffle that hardly notisible? Looks like it was Leibovitz who photographed Erin's dress lol and who wants to see embroidery and details when there is such background! Laziz, just move that dress form somewhere, let us enjoy the view without it!

the rest are mostly previously used photos

marieclaire.gr
harpersbazaar.com/it

It was the ultimate step for them.
One thing is that I applaud MGC for championing the return of the heritage of Galliano at Dior. They featured his work in the Arts Deco exhibition and MGC has broke the « taboo » of the mention of his name…

That’s definitely a book I will buy!
He’s been with Dior for 15 years…

“During his time at Dior, John often visited the museum for inspiration, and over the years we have included so many of his haute couture creations in our exhibits. In fact, if you were to count the number of pieces that we have shown, they would equate to a solo exhibition." - Andrew Bolton

Can we petition for this pls? Post-pandemic, in let's say, 2 years? With the insisting popularity of John's work in today's pop and internet culture, I bet it would attract huge numbers.
Oh yes! He deserves it. Perhaps in Victoria and Albert museum in the UK

He’s been with Dior for 15 years…
That doesn’t changed the fact that before MGC, his name was kind of taboo…
They used his designs because after all, they are owned by Dior but there was some sort of discomfort in the mention of his name and legacy.

We saw it at Gucci. When Frida was at the helm, they tried to erase his legacy or at least, to omit it. Michele is the one who really embraced it.

That doesn’t changed the fact that before MGC, his name was kind of taboo…
They used his designs because after all, they are owned by Dior but there was some sort of discomfort in the mention of his name and legacy.

We saw it at Gucci. When Frida was at the helm, they tried to erase his legacy or at least, to omit it. Michele is the one who really embraced it.
John's case I can understand, it was an extremely sensitive subject. On the other hand, the fact that Gucci tried it with the Tom Ford erase it's just laughable.

But is it $250,000 chic?

I'm genuinely curious how 1stdibs prices their items. Surely this dress having had a pop culture moment 20 years ago and carrying some of SJP's bacteria from 10 years ago doesn't justify a small fortune.
The majority of clothes from this site are overpriced.

It's very nice and chic indeed as dior couture said but I personally think this one is better:

CHRISTIAN-DIOR-FALL-2000-RTW-44-2D3T9798.JPG

Source: vogue.com

Such a beautiful and intriguing dress.

The way the models came down the train conquering the audience just like Columbus did when discovering America (the last looks are quite literally that) is mesmerizing. The opulence of every single look was everything, the critics were so not ready that day.

I was watching Selling Sunset on Netflix and was kinda surprised and pleased to see Davina wearing this Galliano dress! It looks like it must be from around spring 2000. I wonder where she even got that lol

tempImageT3EHbB.png tempImagee3iNDh.png tempImageOvv1f7.png
source: netflix.com

Just checked her insta, should've done that first duh lol, found better pics!

I can't believe there's still no high quality videos of the '90s and '00s fashion shows. Meanwhile they keep churning out the books and exhibitions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->