Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 05 Paris

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
The show is happening right now as I am typing, but i found this very interesiting article on what we will be seeing at www.vogue.co.uk

DIOR'S SCREEN IDOLS
spacer.gif
NEWSFLASH - 100 years after the birth of Christian Dior, the house's creative chief John Galliano is promising to deliver today a couture concept every bit as arresting as 1947's 'New Look', with more than a little help from his supermodel friends. All the key players - including Linda, Shalom and Naomi - are in hair and make-up now, preparing to play their parts in a show that will tell the whole history of Dior in clothes, from its foundation in the late Forties. "Icons of the silver screen were the supermodels of their day," says Galliano. "So who better to bring back to life Ava Gardner, Marlene Dietrich and Rita Hayworth than them?" The show won't be run on a catwalk; instead Galliano and his team have recreated the gardens of his childhood home in Granville, now housing the world-famous Musée et jardin Christian Dior, to act as a backdrop to a collection of corsets and tulle in the true spirit of Dior. Stay tuned for our full review of the show, due to start at 1pm, and more newsflashes direct from the couture shows. (July 6 2005, PM)

I can't wait :blush:

Wow Mr Dale. You hit the show's inspiration right on the mark. Somehow it seems appropriate at the time.

i knew it would be held in the gardens. john's really taking dior back to its roots. i can't wait to see the first looks.

I hope this isn't just hype...I am really getting anxious! eeee!

I can't WAIT!! I haven't been this excited for a show in a long time!

Last edited by a moderator:
the set is amazing! I don't know about the clothes, they look pretty boring.

Hmmm, that couple of pictures looks so promising! Im at truly surprised.:woot:

Ok, never mind. Seeing those two pictures down below is taking away all my excitiment about those nude dresses. I wished that at least for once, Galliano would abandon his use of jarring colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think these are boring:

from gettyimages.com

Attachments

• 53202758.jpg
    53202758.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 98
  • melody.jpg
    melody.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 95
  • raquel2.jpg
    raquel2.jpg