Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 06 Paris

JR1 said:
I love this show, its growing on me...I wonder what the music will be like :heart:

Oh me too! Whatever the music is, I'm prepared to record it! :lol:

Mr. Galliano Fantasies

LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!
A S U S U A L W I T H J O H N

The outfits are awful. How are you suppose to wear them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the clothes and the tailoring is on point......but it seems kinda dark. Like for example the dress with the blood splashed looking dye. So for the looks of this next season you'll have nicely tailored pieces made with shear fabrics and blood splashed look......Now I don't know about you but doesn't that seem kinda dark?
:unsure: :blink:

I honestly love it, but however I really can't picture ANYONE wearing them besides Bjork. But I guess wearing them isn't the point, right?

from vogue.co.uk

DiorCouture01MMB.jpg

CHRISTIAN DIOR COUTURE "Cor blimey, Christian Dior," cooed the cabby, who thought he was being hilarious, as he drove to the back of beyond, oh sorry I mean to the Bois de Boulogne, way out on the outskirts of Paris. But then again Christian Dior is a name so revered, so on my mind, and so linked to the spirit of haute couture it was nice to see that everyone had got caught up in the sense of occasion.

Past the army of security guards, guests were hurdled into the inner sanctum of John Galliano's imagination; couture is the real hub of this mavericks mind.

"Red is the new libertine
Platinum is the new Marie Antoinette
Leather is the new luxury
Veiling is the new seduction
Dior is the new Erotica."

Crickey, so it's not going to be for the wishy-washy faint-hearted then. Plundering the provinces of France, the revolution and the world of the Marquis de Sade, there was a new libertine on the loose - grab hold of your crucifixes and chastity belts and get ready for the ride.

The red lights rolled and the glass runway winked as the lights dimmed and tension mounted. Eerie eyes piercing out from under a luscious red satin high-collared cape, bound at the back. High ruffles, degrade details and leather pants bound so tight that the boots fair bled into the legs as the corsets pulled still tighter and tighter as this libertine's insatiable lust was for luxury. Bustles were slashed and corsetry burst through petticoats as a revolution of 'Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité' assaulted your eye and seized you by the throat.

This was couture alright - his muses and mischief made modern as degrade, plasticised spills of red and full black puffs with skulls heads laser cut round the hem, showed Dior take the spirit of scandal and seduction to a new era. Upturned perfume bottles as heels, leather crucifixes and veiled maidens: the revolution was raw and on the runway.

A bevy of bottle blondes - white make up, straps and lacing, corsets and crocodile skins - a palette of sin. But there was only room for one star and the Casanova held court on the runway: smoky black eyes, dark rich hennaed locks and black leathers bound to his body by raw lacing. Galliano swooshed his fencing sword and his eyes twinkled as he took his bow. "That really blew your minds didn't it," the cheeky grin seemed to say. (January 23 2006, PM)

By Camilla Morton

:flower:

I think that it coincides with the current "dark" mood that I think is happening. The strongest things I see in this collection are the well cut jackets/coats and volume. It's very hard to take Galliano literally because he's not meant to. I don't expect to see "blood" splashed everywhere in pret-a-porter, but I think this couture collection was more of pre-curser of the mood. That's just my view :flower:

And is that Michelle Buswell who opened the show?! :buzz:

vogue.co.uk

00190f.jpg
00200f.jpg

00210f.jpg
00220f.jpg

00230f.jpg
00240f.jpg

I think there still might be some pictures to come...:flower:

I didn't know it was today! Imagine my surprise!

All the pieces look very, very fragile, like a crystal figurine, but they have a menacing violent feel to all (esp when that white suit has blood stains, almost as if she stomped someone to death).'

I dont know if I like it yet. It's so...themed, like his 04 couture shows...Maybe if I see the whole thing..

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE COLLECTION OF ALL TIME! RENEWED THE UNPREDICTABILITY OF FASHION ENTIRELY!, beautfiul. Thank God for John Galliano!

Ohhhhh god, this is really terrible looking... I really don´t mind the inspiration, but technically, these are really some of the most unsophisticated designs that Galliano ever produced for Dior, it just looks as if he gave reigns to Gareth Pugh for one season, because the clothes are showing a big time lack of drapery skill and technique. Looks just like a fashion student´s graduate collection made in a rush, I am afraid, this time the theatrics and fake blood stains won´t help saving it. Pardon.

tricotineacetat said:
. Looks just like a fashion student´s graduate collection made in a rush, I am afraid, this time the theatrics and fake blood stains won´t help saving it. Pardon.

it really reminded me of graduate work, like goth graduate work to be exact..

I LOVE THIS....what models did he use..i recognize some, but others not so much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->