Versace F/W 2007.08 Milan

Salvatore said:
Atelier Versace still exists, but they have ceased showing the collections to the general public. The clients prefer this exclusiveness. However, she sometimes put some of the Atelier gowns at the end of the show.^_^

and (as a matter of fact besides the clients preferences) for quite some years financial results havent been great... which could explain why they dont show:innocent: :flower: ! fortunately things are going much much better now... maybe some day they'll show again!! i hope so!

Yeah, I think they paid their debts.. Its time for her to show Atelier again. Didn't everything get shut down?

Remember Versus, gosh that was awful, it was Donatella's way of releasing ridiculous trash that she knew she couldn't even dare to release it in Versace, she attempted though i'm sure. :rolleyes: we'll let that one slide though.

Oh Gemma wasn't in any of the shows either.. what happened?

Btw, is that Penelope Cruz dress for the Oscars a Versace or a Atelier Versace dress, it wasn't in any of the collections.. It bothered me so much.

I'm not a Penelope fan, but I have to say that dress was one sexy number on her.

Salvatore do you know if Atelier Versace will EVER show again?

Squizree said:
Salvatore do you know if Atelier Versace will EVER show again?

I wish I could say. If I could persuade Donatella to, I would. I think (hope) that eventually it will happen. I know the dress on Elizabeth Hurley at her wedding was Versace Atelier and it was something so fantastic! Seeing that, it leaves me to think that the craftmanship is moving back to the way it was under Gianni and the designing is moving in that direction as well. ^_^

This is a very good improvement for Versace, lets see how long does this last though.

I might be wrong, but didn't Donatella hire a whole staff to revamp Versace, i.e. assist her collection designing and whatnot?

Versace is one of the brands i DISLIKE the most, but hey, at least, it's not as bad as some of the previous seasons.. :D

They just stopped showing, even though I really liked it.

TheGlassAngel said:
Whatever happened to Versus?

Versus and Versace Jeans Couture is now somewhat the same thing. They combined them. They had too many diffusion lines. It's a good clean-up. B)

Versace is on a roll. These past few seasons everything has been wonderfully wearable and restrained. Still sexy of course but incredibly refined and elegant as well. I'm adoring the seperates in this collection, the ensemble Freja wears with that little fur jacket is astounding!

That said I can't help but long for the bad old days. Where are the peakaboo cutouts? The necklines that extended past the belly button? The gaudy treasures that all but screamed "Look at me! Notice me! Take me!" I almost miss those old school Versace moments that pushed the boundaries of taste. It used to be that one could count on Versace and Cavalli for their fashion week dose of salaciousness but now that both houses have cleaned up their acts I don't quite know who to turn to. I want my sexy back!! :ninja:

^^ Yeah I feel the same way, I loved old Versace with cuts and slits all over the place, cleavage and a whole lot of skin. But at the end of the day it's all about what sells best. People just can't buy old Versace, simply because no one had the guts to wear something so outrageously sexy.

This Versace collection was undoubtedly the best in Milan by a mile.
The last 4 Versace shows have been amazing....luxurious and sexy.
Anna Torkarska looked hot as hell in her one showing and the selection of models sone new, some old and some of Donatella's favourites was great.
Everyone seems to think Prada, Balenciaga etc., show off all the new models of the season but some of them are never heard of again whereas Versace always seem to get it right in my opinion.

is there a thread of the fw06 collection???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->