Christian Dior S/S 2017 Paris

miguelalmeida

Reaction score
2ihmiqb.png

screen cap from dior.com

I had no idea the Valentino show was moved to today.

Oh yes totally! This is just Valentino 2.0. :(
A lot of sheerness a la Valentino, with some boring basics and a few restraining jackets. Can't wait to see the Valentino show just to see how much the same it is. :lol:

I guess we'll have 2 Valentino shows each seasons now... And I'm so tired of those embroidered dresses.
As for the rest of the collection, I have no strong feelings about it in neither way.

What a relief after all the awkward debuts at YSL and Lanvin. Too much embroidered tulle, too much of "Valentino", but it's clean, pretty, beautifully made, with a nod to Heidi's heart, nice bags, phew.^_^

I thought YSL by Vaccarello was the most useless so far but Maria Grazia Chiuri succeeded to surprise me.

Looks like a Red Valentino collection. Shoes are ugly. Lifeless collection. I heard so many people complained about how bad Raf was at Dior, i think they were wrong and i still think they are. I had a little hope that she will be good but no. I was clearly naive.

The first half was really strong in my opinion but the second half quickly turned into Valentino 2.0.

But, i've always loved Valentino so I still think it was pretty, though a little bit of creativity would have been made it more outstanding.

how tragic, and I can't believe they gave her standing ovation for this :blink:

I knew splitting the duo would mean two Valentinos. So disappointing. :(

Oh wow, my thoughts exactly! I don't know why I had such high hopes. Dior's team could have presented a far better collection than this.

I think it's very youthful, almost too youthful, and accessible. But overall, not a very strong debut for such an established designer. It doesn't give you any idea of what to expect.

What a boring first collection ! This is basically Valentino 2.0, with ugly footwear, chockers, stupid t-shirts, "Dior J'adore" underwear. Can't believe she got a standing ovation for this ! The in-house team made a far better job in my opinion.
At least it was well made, she can thank the ateliers for that.
I hope she was the boring half of Valentino.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really enjoyed Raf's Dior...but boy oh boy...I can't believe I'm saying this but I kind of miss him now after this collection.

The fencing aesthetic is far too literal for my liking.

It' just so non-luxurious and stale.

There's nothing in this that screams 'sales' at all.

Not the most exciting collection, but I think it's a good starting point for her tenure at the house, and it's beautifully made. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->