Christian Dior S/S 2024 Paris

The leather coats/jackets are excellent, the rest is more of the same, BASIC... These feminist phrases do have their importance, but this has been done before. Maria looks like Domenico and Stefano when the whole collection was about Sicily!

Surprisingly nice! Falls apart a bit when she goes back to her staples but it’s more adventurous than her usual outings.

The "music" has been annoying AF! Plus, that feminist BS from 50's-60's Good Housekeeping magazine memes were so distracting, I could barely concentrate on the clothes. Which is a CLASIC MC's Dior, btw - so, nothing particularly good but not bad either.

I HATE it when fashion houses shoehorn political theatrics into their show to dress up a collection that's otherwise fine on its own. Here, it seems very forced and distracting because it's so irrelevant. The sheer hypocrisy and IGNORANCE of a luxury fashion brand trying to preach to us about "oppression" is both hilarious and cringey.

Regardless, the clothes are beautifully made with MANY desirable pieces, especially the frilly earthy dresses.

These feminist phrases do have their importance, but this has been done before.
Part of me has a feeling that those phrases were aimed more towards their Arab/Asian clientele (the core clientele for Dior's ready-to-wear and Couture lines) who are still fighting for the base rights lots of women in the Western world are able to take for granted.

well I like it more than her previous collections but couldn’t we have had more colors on the clothes and not only on the runway itself? it’s basically all white, black and beige.

the dress on look 5 is stunning and very Galliano as are some skirts.

beautiful coats as well. I caught some Dolce sexy inspirations as well! overall fitting of the clothes has much improved and this time they didnt look sloppy.

the casting, as usual, didn’t exude WOMAN as the screen in the back was saying but GIRLS with very few exceptions. most of the campign girls who used to work a lot with then also were not used (better like this lol). aren’t we ever gonna get a strong casting from Dior again?

I always expect a lot from the brand and as usual this didn’t give me it but it was better than other seasons imo

It's a nice collection, nothing less, nothing more. The shirts are an absolute overkill, the team should have made a more diverse range if they had actually been inspired by the piece. The rest is just inoffensive and ok.

One of her better outings with really nice pieces throughout. Bogged down by the feminist “stuff” of the presentation.

the clothing which is rather adult and conservative looked awkward on some of the cast. They need to fix this.

I'm kind of shocked that this was really good, fashion-wise! It feels a lot fresher than recent (any?) collections of hers.

I also liked the opening music and I didn't mind the feminist video show.

The problem is: the combination of the 3 all felt VERY disjointed. Not to always hype up Prada, but I think Miucca/her team would have been able to blend this all together more effectively. This felt like 3 separate pieces that didn't belong together, only detracted.

I don't mind politics in fashion; after all, good art always has commentary from the artist's point of view. But simple catchphrases aren't going to cut it, especially when it feels disconnected from the actual fashion aspect.

Part of me has a feeling that those phrases were aimed more towards their Arab/Asian clientele (the core clientele for Dior's ready-to-wear and Couture lines) who are still fighting for the base rights lots of women in the Western world are able to take for granted.
It makes sense, if so... I hope it has some effect!

Surprisingly I kind of like this. I mean it's way too many looks still. She could have edited more. But it's not MCG without repetition. Also, what a horrible set design to present a collection. For once, this could have been tightly edited and presented in a beautiful simple setting. Instead we get a eyesore of pink (that she and PPP still tried to make it happen!) And those political massages that feel more insincere and gimmicky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->