Concealer

I've been using Lancome's Effacernes for the last few days and it almost covers my dark circles on its own (call me crazy, but I was underwhelmed by the Bobbi Brown Concealer, Corrector and yellow powder). But, Effacernes with Bobbi Brown's corrector is great! You don't even need to set them with powder! However, I'm still not ready to call the corrector a holy-grail item yet, I'll probably test something else out when I run out. We'll see.

Does anyone know of a good high-end concealer that's good for covering blemishes? I use MAC studio finish , but sometimes it's too drying on my face.

Does anyone know of a good high-end concealer that's good for covering blemishes? I use MAC studio finish , but sometimes it's too drying on my face.
I haven't tried it for myself, but I've heard that Laura Mercier (the one in the pan with two shades) is one of the best for that. That and Dermablend.

dermablend is hardcore but covers everything. it can be drying.
i've tried laura mercier but found for me, bobbi brown was it.

Does anyone know of a good high-end concealer that's good for covering blemishes? I use MAC studio finish , but sometimes
it's too drying on my face.

I like MAC Studio Sculpt, SF doesn't quite work on my dry skin. Eve Pearl Salmon concealer is great if you have a yellow skin tone- I'm quite cool and rosy so I can only use it for dark circles, otherwise the peachy tone looks super obvious.

For undereye concealers, I really love the Garnier 2-in-1 anti-dark circle eye roller. It's such a light formula that it doesn't look like I'm wearing anything on my face, even when layering it to build up the coverage and it never creases during the day, unlike a lot of creamier formulas I've tried from MAC and Maybelline.

I've been using Lancome's Effacernes for the last few days and it almost covers my dark circles on its own (call me crazy, but I was underwhelmed by the Bobbi Brown Concealer, Corrector and yellow powder). But, Effacernes with Bobbi Brown's corrector is great! You don't even need to set them with powder! However, I'm still not ready to call the corrector a holy-grail item yet, I'll probably test something else out when I run out. We'll see.
Update: I think that I've found my perfect concealer in Chanel's Correcteur Perfection. It's so light but incredibly pigmented. It really brightens my skin up (but not in a shimmery, light-reflective way). I can't remember the last time my under-eyes looked so normal!

The best concealer I have ever tried is Estee Lauder Ideal Light Illuminator. I've been using it every single day for three years now and it does cover anything you want to conceal. I have recommended the concealer to everyone I know, and they all love it and use it religiously. The best part is the price. It's not that expensive and completely worth every penny. You can get it for less on strawberrynet. Now, I sound like a paid advertiser for Estee Lauder but I just want to share a truly magical discovery. Seriously, it's the best. Much much much better than YSL, MAC etc.

I used to use that too! It did a great job concealing imperfections but sometimes it would dry out my face when I pms, so now I use Maybeline Mineral Concealer. Not high-end,but it does the job and doesn't dry out my face.

nothing beats Laura Mercier secret camouflage for me...i have oily skin and this is the only thing that stays put!

My favorite concealers as of late: MAC Studio Finish Concealer, Estee Lauder Double-Wear Concealer, Lorac Evening Out Complexion Kit, Fresh Umbrian Clay Concealer

http://www.style.com/beauty/beautyessentials/011510_Rachel_Zoe/

In this link, Rachel Zoe mentions that YSL's Touche E'Clat is her concealer of choice.
It hasn't worked well with me, what do you all think?
I read here on the forums here about it being a highlighter not a concealer, but does it work as a concealer on some people?

I use it as both. So on my browbone as a highlighter and a concealer under my eyes. This is how the YSL makeup artist did it on me years and years ago and I still do it this way today. Although I use it in number 2. I can't imagine shade 1 would work well as a concealer as it may be too pink. I think shade 1 is better suited as a highlighter only.

I have only tried Touche Eclat in no. 1 and it was great for the under eyes, but it really is too pink for the blemishes even though it covers them pretty well. I really should probably get the no. 2...

Hi, guys! I posted this a few days ago in the face thread...maybe this is a better place to ask, though :P

This will probably sound like a silly question, but...what's the difference between a concelaer and a corrector? I know concealers conceal, as in they hide dark circles and blemishes...but what about correctors? :ninja:

I'm asking because I've read and heard some people talking about correctors (specially, Bobbi Brown's) and how they do a better job dealing with dark circles under the eyes.

Actually, I once had a MUA apply BB corrector (in light peach) and yes, the dark circles weren't noticeable but my undereye area looked too light, even with the concealer on top of it. If I use ONLY a corrector to cover dark circles should it be in a darker tone?

I want to buy either a concealer or a corrector...I'm on a budget, so it's gotta be just one of them. Which one would you recommend for hiding dark under eyes circles? I'd say mine aren't seriously dark, but they're definitely there, so I'm guessing I'd need medium coverage.

^ I recommend that you go to the department store & try one on each eye and see throughout the day what works better on you & then go back the next day & buy what you feel makes you more comfortable.

I am a huge BB fan I do have the corrector & the concealer but I only use one at a time to be honest they both work well with me separately together they become clumpy under my eye.

^ Yep, that would be a great way to see what suits you best... try them during the day and see how well they perform. Take a picture in natural day light and flash to compare as well.

The only difference is that correctors are usually peachy/salmon colors to cancel the purple/blue undertones of dark circles. Concealers are generally closer to the actual skin tone (yellow/green) to neutralize the red (blemishes etc.) or lighten the eye area if you're going for that look.

i also am a lover of BB correctors and concealers. i can't use the concealer under my eye though. even when i set it with powder it creases like crazy. plus i am so dark under my eyes that the corrector is much more effective in taking out the blue tone (though not all of it). i can build it up and it rarely creases. my only tip would be to test it in daylight. i think the correctors look awful if they are too dark/too light. too dark makes you look browney/orange under the eye (just as bad as being blue in my opinion) and too light just makes me look ashey.

La Prairie's concealer is quite good, currently using it. It doesn't crease and stays on perfectly throughout the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->